1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PM Awareness

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Mark13, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I suggested this idea in the past and for one reason or another the idea was rejected. Well I'm bored and figured I'd ask again. Is there a way to make it more noticeable that you have a new pm other then a bold number at the top of the screen? Could you make it red or some other color that sticks out or make a small window that pops up saying something like "You have a new pm from ......" and it either goes away after a couple seconds or you just click the X in the corner of it?

Thanks, Mark.

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I agree but honest for me I don't like screen say pop you have new pm but I want check later.

I alway click new post to this and check see number say unread if it 1 or high then I click to see and answer it.

But last thread I make got 20 pm in 1 hours. Keep mind it would be pita see screen pop every pm arrive.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go to 'edit options' in your control panel and check the box marked "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" and click save. With this setting, anytime you change or refresh the page you'll get a pop up notification for any new PM's. You can set to receive an email notification for new PM's as well.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Yes, exactly how B&B expalined :salute:

if you have any problems, let me know

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i have the notification turned on, but maybe only half the time it actually pops up and tells me. ive looked up to see new PMs but never got a pop up to tell me know.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You might want to check your edit options to make sure the right option is checked.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your spam / pop up blocker is probably stopping them.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

mine works everytime:rolleyes:

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, I got my pop up thingy turned on. Now if Elite1 would just reply to my pm I could see if it works. :D

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Maybe he found out how to turn his Ignore List on :D

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Arn't you funny.:D

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

well mark , my PMs seem to work all the time, but have not seen anything from you....

i do have PM awarness --- if you dont hurry , im gonna be very aware of a case of miller thats sitting in the firdge , and also aware of a saturday night, that single hot women at bars need me to harass them a little

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ha, Have a fun night around here.

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

if only the girls were good looking on this side of town

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What girls? lol

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

ur right now this neck of the woods... they can look like dudes

17. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, his pop up notification is working so we can close this now...and you can discuss your "Saturday night out" via pm ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.