1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plz help me lol, no clue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by armyman12b, Feb 12, 2011.

1. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

Hey guys i am sry for the re-post, but no response to my original thread..
    here is question,,, new snowdogg 75HD put on to 09 chevy 2500 with plow prep package,dealer did nothing but install plow ------- I only have about 4.25 inch ground clearance from plow mount, and thats with over 800lbs in bed.. options are crank up tbars or do i put in timbrens? i drop at least 2 inches when plow raised.. i am new too plowing and not in it for $ .... i just dont like to bottom out and scrape in my own drive lol... scraped 3 different places today on first day with plow agggggggggggg...... what do you guys think? what should my clearance be? maybe i am wrong?
    thanks for any help.. from the lost newbe....

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I don't know anything about snowwdog plows, so, is that 4.25 with the plow lifted ?, can you raise the mount
    on the truck to get more clearance ?, if not try turning the t-bars up a little.

P.S. welcome to plowsite.

3. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

thank you, and yes its 4.25 inches with plow raised, which is not high enough for the area i live in.. most driveways i will and so far do scrape when pulling in... can not raise the mount, i have read almost every thread on here and i know snowdogg mounts are low, but i do not know if 4.25 inches on a 3/4 ton with plow prep is too low.. for me it is, but what should it be? I dont know if thats about right clearance and just living in the country makes it too low for my needs... i am new too having a plow on a truck, ask me a question about a quad/quad plow i am good but truck i am not going to lie --- i know crap:help:

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

First try turning up your T-bars and see if that does the trick, it should. Then if not look into the Timbrens. Also check to make sure they put the mount on correctly. If my frame was only 4.25 off the ground I would have RIPPED it off years ago.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

In the interest of being polite, I will not say a thing. :D

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Is it possible to post a picture of the 4.25"? Whats the history of the truck? Is it possible someone would have turned them WAY down before you owned it in an attempt to make it ride better :confused:? Did the dealer install the truck side properly? I am not familier with the Snowdogg plows so dont know if it it is an adjustable height type mount.

7. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Voice your concerns with the dealer...odds are, if you have a problem, your not the first one. If you are the first one with this issue, then they might have messed something up. A guy in my town has a Snowdogg on a 1/2 ton Chevy, and while I've never really looked at it, I think if it was only 4 inches I would've noticed. T-bars are a good way to start. I've looked into Timbrens and everyone on here seems to like them but I don't have them. From Plowsite I've learned that there are 2 must have items. Timbrens and Fluid Film.

8. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

Thank you all.. i will try have tbars cranked up.. I voiced concern over it when i picked up my truck, but being a sat. no body was there except the salesman..
    I know its not the truck, i bought it brand new in 09, still only has 16,000 miles on it.. i probably wont get a chance to get it back in till friday, but i will let you know what they say..
    Thanks guys..

9. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

Installation manual states your pushbar should be at about 9" to center from the ground.

Check with the plow down to see if they got it right.

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just to clairify...it's 4.25" with the plow raised or the truck side mount is 4.25" even if the plow is off?

11. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

its 4.25 with plow raised and to poster above mine is not 9 inches it is 8.5.... i am going to try to put up pics if i can figure out how to get them from my pictures to here..
    I explained my prob to a friend who is a moterhead, he "guessed" that maybe they crank tbars low when you get the trailer package on the truck, but i dont know.. i plowed my drive this morning and scraped mount in driveway, then really scraped it when i pulled out of cornermart to get a coffee.. something def. wrong i will try to get a pic up..

12. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

instal and service manuals can be found on the snowdogg website. They will allow you to check the installation by specs.

13. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

SUbscribed. thinking of a snow dogg and want to see the pic.

14. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

see if these pics work

brandon's pics 001.jpg

brandon's pics 002.jpg

brandon's pics 003.jpg

brandon's pics 004.jpg

15. njsnowremoval

THats low, now reconcidering a snow dogg, i wish they would fix that with a better mount.

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Whats the height with the plow off ?

17. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I don't believe the mount is going any higher due to the way the bumper is designed. Looks like a suspension issue to me.

18. njsnowremoval

Im goimg to try to get a post up of snow dogg mounts. checkin later.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

On most GM's you have to cut that plastic below the tow hooks. For my Boss and Blizzard plow I had to cut the plastic. For the Western I managed to bend it up.

Timbrens will help with the drop and turning the torsion bars up will also help. I'm not sure why your truck drops 2" with that plow. Mine doesn't drop that much with the 810 Blizzard.

20. njsnowremoval

just posted it under calling all snow dogg owners. in the snow dogg section