1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plymouth Trailduster

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hagrid6969, Nov 30, 2002.

1. hagrid6969

hagrid6969 Junior Member

Hi all. I recently bought a 1977 Plymouth Trailduster. I am in the process of rebuilding the engine. I am putting in a better cam, endlebrock intake and carb, headers, new pistons(.030 over stock), and some rebuilt heads. I put in a 3/4 ton GM 14 bolt full floater rearend, which now i have to get my driveshaft shortened by 1.25 inches. I also gutted the inside and spread bedliner in the whole tub and cab.

My plans are to finish the engine, put a 4" lift and some 36x14.5x16.5(or close) rims and tires. I am wondering if anybody else out there has a similar vehicle they are working on? Id like to get some ideas. I would like to put a 3/4 frontend, and am wondering what would be best for those size of tires? I dont mind cutting the fenders, even if i had a brand new truck. :>

The vehicle has everything i want: 4x4, AC, and removable top. :D
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Sounds like a great older truck.
    Have you checked out Ramchargercentral.com?
    There is lots of Mopar info there. I go there sometimes after I get finished reading all the posts here.
    Just wanted to give you a heads up,
    Mark K
  3. The_Burning_Rom

The_Burning_Rom Member

I've got a 79 Ramcharger (Same Truck, Different Name) that I use for plowing, and I am thinking of buying a Trailduster 2wd this summer as a summer vehicle (Removable Top!!). [:)] I doubt that you'll need to cut your fenders, especially if you're putting in a lift kit. I've got 32" tires on my truck with no lift kit..and there is plenty of room left over.