1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plumbing a heater in a bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mdirrigation, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have a 751 bobcat , 4 cyl Kubota , am soon to be trying to plumb in a heater , anybody done this ? i havent figured out where to plumb it in on the engine

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

is a 751 water cooled?

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

4 cyl kubota water cooled

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hopefully there's a bypass hose from the head to the water pump.

5. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

The fun of the 751s they were water cooled so no heat

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Is there an oil cooler? My 843 had coolant lines running through the filter housing.

7. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

No for some reason only on the 751 they used a water cooled motor. Therefore you can't put a heater in it

8. john mc

john mc Member

look on the water pump for a plug or a nipple. then look on the intake or head for another one.

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I must be missing something......because it is water cooled you can't put a heater in it? I have plumbed in many heaters into skidsteers, and they all were water cooled

10. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I agree. Isn't water cooled an alias for liquid cooled normal diesel engine? I can understand it wouldn't work if it was an air cooled gas engine.