1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plugs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TRUE TURF LAWN, Sep 22, 2005.

1. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

just asking how offen you chevy guys are changing you plugs in you trucks?
    :waving:

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

At least once a year...

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

20000 to 25000 miles might be a bit much. I find that the biggest problem with leaving them in till they are wore out is the plugs get siezed in the heads before they really need changed......Rob

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

not until 50,000 then i change the plugs and the wires

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

What negative effects does not changing you plugs have on your truck?

What would be an estimated price to buy new plugs and wires?

Thanks,
    - Eric

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

With e-testing being manditory here every two years (yearly on the commercial trucks) I have tried to get into the habit of doing a full tune-up just beforehand. Plugs are cheap to buy, just replace 'em.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Derek, we too must have an E-check, but it better if you dont do anything first. If you dont pass then if you spend 200 bucks and have a 10% increase in efficiency then they will give you a waver....Rob

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Actually, I've never had one fail yet so I'm not sure... but I think if it fails we need to spend $400 towards repairs to get a two-year buy out... but I think we are allowed to present receipts towards that total.

Its mainly a money-grab anyways! :cry: