1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plug Wires for Ultramount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hotsprings77, Jan 9, 2004.

1. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Guys, just had a 8.5mvp western ultamount plow installed on my 1999 Dodge Ram. When I have the plow off of the truck, I only have 1 rubber cover for the power plug, that leaves me with the two light plugs uncovered. Is is ok to hook the male and the female plugs together, so that grime doesn't get into the connections, or should I get two more rubber covers. Is there a way to speed up how fast the wings come in and out. Thanks, mark
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Mark, The headlight and plow control harness' are intended to be plugged into each other for storage purposes on both the truck and the plow. There really isnt a way to speed up wing movement. Just make sure that you are running western fluid (blue in color), Atf is slow when its cold.
  3. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

i hope so, thats what I do.
    First i load them with the dioelectric grease.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cant you buy oem covers for the plugs
  5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

There is no need to,WESTERN engineers had a great idea to eliminate them with the 3 plug system.

it was a great idea. Plowtech.
  6. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Thanks for the help. Hope everyone is having a profitable season thus far. Steamboat Springs, Co has had at least 12 plowable events so far. mark
  7. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

Hotsprings- I was wondering that same ? Does any body know if you turn on the control with the plugs together can you short anything?

Sent some of that snow to Chicago, I have only plowed 1 time this year. The past 2 have not been very good winters.