1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plug template?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gpshemi, Jan 13, 2011.

1. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Anyone have a template for the plow harness bracket? Seems like I could cut one out easily enough if I have the shape.

Does the power one just clamp on the side?

Seems like that should have come with harness if you ask me. I hate the cords hanging out the front of my bumper.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Was it just installed by a dealer? If I am not mistaken boss still ships the wiring with that bracket. Go to your dealer and stell them you want the bracket and hard wear from the still if that's the case.

The bracket slides around that big black plug at the bottom of the opening there is 2 taps if you will to keep the plug from sliding back down once in. The power wire sandwiches on the one side. Go to boss's site and go to service center and then go from there, they will have a pic of it on the site and how everything go together.

3. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

I asked the dealer. They said it wasn't in the harness package. I didn't see it in there either when I dropped it off. The dealer said there wasn't a bracket. I told them yes there was. They said well they'd never used one and they'd have to look into it and order one then.

I looked online. Looks like the power bracket is separate from the plow bracket. idk. They have two part numbers. That's I know.

Power cable bracket: MSC03491
    Control plug bracket: MSC03813

I figured I'd just make my own here at the shop. Would be faster then screwing around with a dealer.

4. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

I just bought a new plow. The dealer installed the bracket. I have no idea if the plow wiring harness came with it or if the dealer bought seperately.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I can get one from my dealer for you if you want and then ship it to you. I am in MI too so it wont be to bad. If I had a left over I would say you can buy that but I don't. When I bought and installed mine the bracket came with the wiring.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Thanks. I could just order one too. Was just thinking it can't be that hard to cut one out is all.
    I'll measure it up and cut one.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

8. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Dooh...What the heck. I looked earlier on there and couldn't find that. For that much I'll just buy it and be done with it. Thanks for the help!

Now...where to mount it. Any ideas or pics anyone? Hope the cables are long enough.

9. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

My 3 year old plow had the bracket. Maybe my dealer included it with the purchase? I mounted mine on the bottom of my front bumper/drivers side. (still chrome/97Chevy) Sure would be a real pain without it.

10. dbowman1

dbowman1 Junior Member

I just bought a brand new 9' foot superduty plow and installed it myself. The wireing kit came with the metal bracket just installed it two days ago.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I'll get pics tomorrow of how I have mine. The wiring is plenty long. What kind of truck do you have? Either way I would mount it just to the side of the plow frame on the drivers side. Just make sure you have enough room so when the plow is on the pins that hold it to the truck don't pinch the wires.

12. Helldyce

Helldyce Member

Thanks

Thanks RBRONKEMA GHTFD I just ordered myself one also. I wondered if my dealer got one with my plow and choose not to install it, but forgot to ask them. Thanks again.

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I know when I bought my plow I put it on and I had a issue with the valve for the lift cylinder and when i brought the plow in the dealer asked me why I put the bracket on. I told him it was cleaner looking and I didn't just want to shove the wires in the bumper and have them hang down when I am out plowing. If I had my dealer install it and they didn't put one on I would ask them to. Also I have heard some dealers have cut so much of the plastic out of the fronts of these new trucks that they can't mount that bracket.

14. Helldyce

Helldyce Member

My connections are pushed into the opening in the front bumper now. I think that I will try to mount the bracket inside the bumper opening. If there is no place to securely fasten it to inside the bumper I will try to make another bracklet from the frame and then attach that mount bracket to it. When it arrives I will know what to do with it.

15. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

My setup is in my sig.

16. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Here's what mine looks like

IMG_0536.jpg

17. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I had a backet my dealer installed on my 2500HD. They put it at the drivers side tow hook and handed me the hook. They indicated in 2007 that the manuf wanted brackets installed due to customer complaints. I plowed with it for a while but found the connector became loose after hours of plowing. My 1500 was not bracketed and never got loose so I removed the bracket so the flexing of the harness will not loosen up- no problems since. I generally take plow off if I don't need it over the next ~10hrs. I just installed a 3500HD setup and the bracket was in the harness box - Nicely painted black (2007 was silver alum unpainted) But I'm not using it either. I just tuck wires into bumper slot and no issues so far.

18. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Hmmm...not sure I want to cut the bumper like that.

19. zjm

zjm Senior Member

i was rushing and didnt care that it came out like that, had to notch bumper due to angle of plate behind plastic and to be able to move bracket forward enough to catch the steel to put in mounting bolts.You only notice my crappy install because pic is so large:laughing:

20. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

Here's mine on 05 chevy, kept tow hook in place and still got in flush

plug in mount 001.jpg