1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plug ins vmd75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mogeekn, Dec 18, 2014.

1. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

Ive had my vmd 75 since 11/2011.
    Mounted on my 96 k1500, I love it, I do my commercial accounts backing up the loaders, then I push around some residentials for fun.
    Any way Im wondering how yall keep your plug ins safe when unhooked. My truck doubles and triples as snowmobile transport, move this move that, yada yada, and my plug ins are getting kinda floppy, I tape them shut with electrical tape, just to seal them up good, then bunjee them up to the grill.
    Been working, but the electrical side has stretched out farther than hydo side , and Im concerned stress from bunjee will eventually cause a problem. just looking for a better solution, watcha got?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I just tuck mine in where my front tow hooks are mounted on my frame. Keeps them out of the weather and is generally warm since the radiator/intercooler is right next to it. Haven't had any issues yet - knock on wood

3. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

Can you post some pics of your truck with the plow on?

4. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

this is it brand new, the site wont let me upload newer pics

plow 1.jpg

plow 5.jpg

5. jrs 94

jrs 94 Junior Member

Mine are zip tied to the driver side tow hook, use lots of dielectric grease. No issues yet.