1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plug gap?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 85w/350, Apr 21, 2001.

1. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

Hello all, I am changing my plugs and wires and I am not too sure what the proper gap for spark plugs for a small block 350...Parts stores are closed and I have tried refrencing the manual and websites still no luck...also being that I am running MSD should it be any larger or smaller?
  2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

Got my own answer since the parts stores are now open for anyone else's info its .45 gap I am still curious if i should do more or less because of MSD
  3. Garet

Garet Senior Member

I think

you do more with MSD. The larger the gap the bigger the spark possibility. With MSD it increases the power so the spark is able to jump a larger gap and therefor give a more powerful and larger spark.
  4. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

Thats what I understand from a relative that knows his cars he said i could probably goto as large as a .060 instead of a .045 but he said that the difference wont be that great to worry about it