1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plug for Fisher Needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kingsr6, Nov 2, 2015.

1. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Western plug.jpg

I am in need of the 4 pin plug that the Vblade or XLS controller plugs into.

Dealer says I have to buy the whole dam cable at $250.

This little connector must be available, as a repair end, or maybe a something like the 4' extension that I can just cut off the plug?

Thanks

Western plug.jpg

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

There is a guy on ebay, his screen name is monitor_repairs_1 he should have what you need

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

He also rebuilds controlers and isolation modules

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

That's a 6 pin, I need a 4 pin.

Thanks

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

They don't make a repair end for the four pin Multiplex control harness... only for the six pin non-Multiplex control harness. You have to replace the entire harness (P/N 28587), but they're only about $130. Your dealer has either got it confused with a control harness for a three plug plow, or he's hosing you. I've got those harnesses in stock if you can't come up with one.

6. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Dealers in Canada use the Canadian/US dollar exchange to hose us. I have found that part number and check pricing at my local dealers and it is anywhere from $225 - $250. And when I ask why so much, I get "the US dollar exchange rate is killing us right now". I get it that they need to make money, but really... double the price?

I love my Fisher plows but if this is the way Douglas Dynamics is going to treat Canadian Customers I am going to start buying Arctic Plows again. At least they are Canadian Made and no reason for dealers to use the US Exchange rate game.

Thanks for the reply,

7. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

I will check him out, Thanks

Also figured out that a company called Molex is the supplier of most if not all of the plug ends for Western/fisher/Blizzard.
    Going to check that route out to.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

In what way is DD hosing you? DD has nothing to do with exchange rate or what your dealers mark up is.

9. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

The way that DD has set up the dealer network in Canada. There is one Direct Supplier for each line, Western, Fisher, Blizzard. Then all other dealers have to buy from the Direct Dealer. Direct Dealer sets the price and the discount. Local Dealers say there is no room for discounts, so its Full List price on all parts. If I call Direct Dealer he wont undercut his Local dealers, he is getting the sale either way, so again full list price. Maybe I am wrong but more than one dealer has told me this is how it works.

I don't mean to slam DD, I love their plows. Maybe they its all the direct dealer, maybe I am misinformed. What I do know is I have seen the part I am looking for, at several online US dealers for under $100 US. 26% exchange rate makes it $126 Canadian. And what $10, $20,$30 to ship it to Canada? So $160 Canadian total for the part! Yet my dealers tell me $229 - $247. I just cant wrap my head around the extra $70-90 that is being charged up here.

And that's just one part. I need to order over $1000 in parts to get my plows ready for the season and that's US pricing.

10. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

11. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

That's awesome. Looks like its the right plug. Unfortunately those three listed wont ship to Canada, lol. At least I have the Molex part number and I can try and track it down.

Thanks

12. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Found the connector and the pins from an online company http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MOLEX-03-09-1049-/28-9265

Order placed and now just awaiting them to ship.

I will post and let people know if this works out and I am able to repair the plug end of the cable..... and save myself quite a few dollars.

Thanks for all the help!

13. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Keep us posted, I'd like to hear if it works. $100+ for a cable is nuts when you can fix it for under $5.

-Travis

14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

They are just a simple Molex connector... I have rerpaired them that way as well, but those are not the correct ones... those are for .093 pins. The control harness uses .062 pins. The correct Molex housing number is 03-06-1044, and the correct female terminal number is 02-06-1103.

15. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Thanks for the heads up on the wrong parts. I guess I will order the ones you listed as well. Only 5 bucks for 2 sets of each. Hopefully I will have the right ones on the way with one of the two orders!

I will post as soon as I have the right ones in my hands, and the repair is done. And hopefully soon, I don't like not having all my equipment ready to go this late in the year.:nono: