1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plug cover

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by unhcp, Nov 15, 2012.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Does fisher make a cover for the 3 prong controller plug? I mostly run a V plow and this plow is uncovered when I am running the extreme v.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Probably not seeing how they'd never sell enough to make it worth their while, stuff it into a little plastic baggie and tape it on around the harness and stick it in your grill.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the battery cable plug should have a cover (on the truck side) and then the other two plugs plug into each other (on the truck side and the plow side) so you don't need covers for them. hopefully that makes sense to you? if not let us know and somebody can come up with a pic or something...

4. unhcp

I get what your saying nealybird, but here is the issue:

I have a total of 4 cables

2 power cables and then the lights and control cable, When I used the Extreme V it only uses the light cable and not the control cable, so it is just sitting there and not being used or have a cover. I am thinking of just cutting a 26357 end and just using that

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I know exactly what you're saying... Your truck is wired for a Mulitiplex V-plow and a straight blade. My truck is wired the same, and I use a 61246 (Western part number) boot. It's the one that goes on the headgear for storing your cables when the plow is off the truck. Works ok... I just zip tied it to the harness so I could cover it up when not in use. Looks like this...

photo (4).JPG

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Chris, I had the same issue when I had all 3 systems on my GMC, I too used what Cubic is mentioning. It fell off on me from time to time though, I fixed it by simply adding a generous amount of dielectric grease in the boot; it creates suction, and solves the problem. Short of that you’re looking at a zip lock baggy and a zip tie, or elastic. Where I rarely used my other systems, I actually did both, ice would build up around the collar and it was a ***** to get it out in freezing temps.

Send me that harness back; it should fit in a flat rate box at the post office. I'll send it back with a twin once I fix whatever is ailing it.

7. unhcp

I ended up just buying a used 26357 harness and cutting the end off. I just plug that in when I'm hooked up.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ahyup, I couldn't bring myself to cut one up. I had looked around a few times for a malfunctioned one, but I always came up empty. It certainly is better then the boot, which occasionally would fill up with ice and road dust.