1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plug and play 30 amp reverse lights, no wires to cab...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i was messign around in garage tonight and made up the very same set-up i have on my truck from some old parts i had laying around...

what do you guys think of this?....30 amp feed usually in charge wire of 7 pin feeds a relay to 2 leads to reverse lights triggered by reverse wire in 7 pin.

NO WIRES TO BATTERY OR CAB FOR 30 AMPS OF REVERSE POWER........PLUG AND PLAY SO IT'S A 10 MIN INSTALL..

is it cool?

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good.

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

not bad at all. i due belive the backup lamp circuit on the trailer plug is rated for 20amps and relay feed off the truck

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That unit will work with both Ford, Chevy and I believe Toyota, you can do it with dodge but you'll need a different style plug .

5. Dissociative

the DIESEL trucks got their own 20amp reverse for the 7 pin....but the gassers i believe did not...my owners manual said the fuse for that is diesel only. I think the gas trucks for some reason share the factory reverse with the 7 pin.....

thanks for the info basher.....good to know....

6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

yeah i have only worked on the diesel and it also depends on the year as well.

the ford body builders guide has lots of info it is available online do a search

the only gas ford i have done was for my friends utility construction company.f350 mason dump 2wd and that was just adding leds

7. Dissociative

yeah.......there are a lot of different configurations....

i may add a trigger wire to the system also, so the end user has option to add a dash board switch....

personally i like to tie these into the dome light feed so when i put on the dome it triggers it.

8. Dissociative

who's got a ford or a chevy?...;->

9. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

i got a 02 superduty 7.3, and my buddy just picked up an 05 gmc 2500hd, so if you need a tester we got you covered

10. Dissociative

my tester is sitting in my driveway. ;->

11. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well your the one who asked how had one, you never said what for

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

george how much you want for one of these for a '07 dodge?

13. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i am in

Love your work bro 04 sierra how much ??tymusic

14. Dissociative

you guys just e-mail me and i will tell you how to build it..i don;t have post-able plans

..i am not a sponsor so i can;t be selling in the threads...nor am i trying to...just posting a creation seeing who else is interested in the same kinds of thing..getting suggestions on how to make it better...

just e-mail me i am sure after we talk you will be happy....

15. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Didnt you go through something like this last year? If you are selling on the site sponsor it you have some good stuff up that you are selling. We are lucky all this info is on the site for free as it is,

16. Dissociative

i did go through this stuff last year.........and the sponsorship is 300 a month.....i don;t sell anywhere near enough stuff to make 300 A YEAR.....so i am not paying that..

i don't need to be a sponsor to show all you guys what can be done.....all i am doing is sharing my designs with you guys........if you want more info that what i posted just e-mail me and i will give you the info you want.....

i only sell extra products i have on hand so you guys can get good deals.......i do not retail sell anything....just the overstock from my jobs......no sponsorship needed.

thats the good thing about this site....it's free for everybody.......and it's also free for everybody to share info...weather or not their pockets are deep enough to afford 300 a month MINIMUM..

i asked for a JR sponsorship but never got one.......i am just a guy like lots of others on here that happens to be really good at stuff and i like to share my knowledge.

I do not own a store, or charge tax, or sell retail, or anything like that.....i am a guy with a garage that likes to mess with wires.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  17. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Hey George will it work on my Saturn? :jester:

18. Dissociative

hmmmmmmmm

well, i don't think your saturn has a 7 pin......but i have seen some pretty funky stuff...:jester:

we can add some if you wanted to though. payup :drinkup:

19. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Any new video link? the orig is not working.

20. Dissociative

They won't let me post it.....email me please