1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ploy VS Steel (any plow)

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by cole22, Dec 3, 2010.

1. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

I'm considering buying another plow I have steels know but I really think the ploys really cool. I searched ploy vs steel but there all old posts. Wondering whose had them the hole time and whos just got them that has switch from steel to ploy or VS. Or problems with either:mechanic: ? Let me know please! Thanks!

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

The main reason for a poly is wet snow slides off easly instead of sticking.

3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

here is how i looked at it:
    poly pros: doesn't rust, snow doesn't stick to it, it's tough (those that worry about putting a hole in it are the same types that break forks off the hiniker mounts or other things that normally wouldn't break)

poly cons: might be slighter higher prices, does fade over the years and gets brittle (after 10years)

steel pros: lighter weight, easily paintable, repairable (for those that like to break stuff), can bolt/weld wings on much easier.

steel cons: RUSTS, dents, paint rubs off easily

thats what I see... I would go poly again in a heartbeat. how many plows do you see driving down the road with a clump of snow stuck to them; hint: (they are all steel plows)..

4. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

The Hiniker V's: older steel V is a full trip, the new poly V is a trip edge. BIG Difference.

5. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

I just bought a 9' Ploy Scoop plow yesterday! It's amazing! Love it!