1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowtruck with a difference

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tacr2man, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Tacr2man

Tacr2man Member
    from England

Hi , a couple of shots of my truck in the UK , waiting for the snow .

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

That’s a lot of lights
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

That sure is a beast. What part of England are you from? How much snow do you get?
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

is that a defender 110. I want one so bad. One day I am going to buy a new one and have it shipped to me from england. looks good. All i can find is 97. that last year they sold them in the US.:salute:
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Good thing you have the snorkels in case the snow gets like 7 feet deep then you can just keep right on going.
  6. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

You need a snowbusters logo and a theme song.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

truck looks ready for anything mother nature could throw at it lol. also looks like a locamotive coming at you with all those lights on :cool:
  8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

As soon as I seen the first picture I thought of the ghost busters car, and I'm surprised somebody brought it up. LOL
  9. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

holy chit batman. thats even got a train horn it.
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Not to be outdone.... I have 3 of them. LOL MOVE!
  11. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

Why two snorkels? I can see the one goes to the engine under the hood but what does the other one go to?
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The other goes to the driver, I think he has a pair of swimming goggles hanging off his rear view mirror also.
  13. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

thats awesome
  14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

what do you have like 6 batteries in it
  15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Awsome truck!!!!!!!!
  16. Nice rig mate. Here you go, now its complete. LOL

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like he's ready to go on a safari hunt!
  18. Tacr2man

Tacr2man Member
    from England

Thanks for the positive comments guys , the paintscheme sort of fits with a landrover, It was set up mainly for overland travel, took it to Australia, and stayed over there for about 15 years , had a service station/ garage . Jdiepstra It also has truck horn and 3 tone siren, hideaway strobes . The second Donaldson ussmileyflagsnorkel is for the Red Dot ussmileyflagaircon unit on the roof ,it allows you to select fresh air to pressurize the inside of the vehicle to keep the bulldust out when travelling in the outback . It has twin batts and a 200amp alternator.
    it runs fulltime 4wd, both axles, and the trans have locking diffs. Its a 3.9ltr fuel inj V8 all electronics are sealed against water. Blowerman I live about 15miles from Oxford , the snow is very variable , some years 3" some 12" , but you dont get a lot of warning sometimes.06HDboss it pulls like a locamotive as well , the biggest tow was 10miles pulling a Mack semi low loader with a shovel on in OZ grossing 54tonnes coz its constant 4wd you can start in low transfer and shift into high on the move . Buckartsplow, its a 110 they imported a few into USA but then had to stop as they are unable to meet air bag requirement , they rely on the fact that the other vehicle is your crumple Zone:D The chassis is seperate 10x4 box section steel . A coastguard swb went over a 150ft cliff , the two guys survived , and the landrover was rebuilt . driveway doctor your photoshop looks good , but I hope you wont be offended if I dont act on your suggestion :jester:
  19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thats alot of cool info! Do you really mean just 3-12 inches, or do you mean 3-12 feet?
  20. Tacr2man

Tacr2man Member
    from England

I mean 3-12 inches per incident , its very variable both per fall and per winter , further north is more predictable. So far its been the coldest start to winter for 37 years , with locally two snowfalls 1" and 2" both since melted . On higher ground 150 mile north still laying .