1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowtruck of the year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 7, 2001.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Hey, it's got 4wd, 4 wheel IS, automatic transmission, power steering, super traction lug tires, dark tinted windows, the works!
    If those pictures don't work, here's the addresses:

Actually, the truck is a 2001 RadioShack Aftershock, and it really is 4wd with 4 wheel IS, and really does have a auto tranny ( it's digital proportional, so it has gradual acceleration and steering, just like a real one.) The plow i made has radio controlled lift, lower, and angle. The lift motor doubles as a winch if/when you get stuck. I'm praying for snow tomorrow to try it out:)
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Can't see 'em - whichever link I click on, it comes up "The page is unavailable for viewing.............."

Something you can try: Post a reply to this thread, and use the "Attach File" feature.
  3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Let's try this.........

Attached Files:

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Angled to the right..........

Attached Files:

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

................... and straight.

:cool: :cool: :cool: I like it!

Attached Files:

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

It Better Snow !!!!!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Time on his Hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way too Much !!!!!!
  7. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

that would be sweet for doin the sidewalk in front of the house with just a little bit of snow. bet you'll be the envy of the neighborhood plowin the walk form inside the house.

looks great from here
    Mark K
  8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

thank you, thank you!
    actually, i'm 14 so i have alot of spare time because i only have a couple lawns and drives right now. Oh yea, it does have a heated cab, if you stay in the house! I built the plow in about 7 hours, but i had all the stuff, mostly thin sheet metal and an erector set, coupled to a 6 volt radio control setup from a RC car i junked. The plow controller is the standard toggle setup like on a RC vehicle you get from Walmart or something, and so it works perfect for a plow, up, down , left, and right it's already setup. It was pretty easy really, but i had to beef up the front suspension on the truck since it wasn't made for that extra weight, it would squat and then bounce around; no good for plowing, so it also has a plow prep package... I timed the truck battery running flat out w/o the plow and it was about 7 minutes, so i don't know how long it'll last pushing snow at a lower speed, probably about right for my sidewalk and some cruising. I do have a spare battery for it, but it doesn't last as long, maybe 5 minutes flat out. I also still have to paint the plow soon.
  9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job!! ;) You know, if you could get a gas powered R/C truck, you could be doing some serious plowing on your neighborhoods' sidewalks! Just add a large fuel tank and you can run it for hours straight. Oh, yeah, be sure to build mini tire chains for more traction! :D But the only problem is that it will move so fast that it will disappear somewhere in snowbank and u'll never find it until spring! :D
  10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Pretty cool. Thanks Mr. Bushhogboy with too much time on his hands... As if I don't have enough going on at the moment, I'm now thinking it would be pretty cool to fab up a plow for my son's Powerwheels Jeep that he drives around in. Arr arr arr... I kinda miss that Home Improvement Show LOL.
  11. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Heck yeah, drop a 5 horse lawnmower engine in it, and run the pipe right out up through the hood, superglue the gears in the diff, or whatever it has for a locker, fab up a plow and put the little guy to work :)

How would that work out for your insurance, would he be a sub?

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Hey a PowerWheels plow would be awesome! I made a fully angling Vplow for my 1964 Bush Hog garden tractor, but i haven't got pics yet. It was pretty easy , cause i used the "tube frame" that's squared and has holes all over it, you know? So all i had to do was cut and bolt it together mostly. It's 48" wide when fully opened. I also made a plywood cab with rolldown velcro windows for it, and i'm getting a little heater too, so i will be the neighborhood plowboy! Only drawback on the vplow is it's manual angle, i wish i had a way to do it from in the cab but i can't find a way, and my tractor doesn't have hydraulics and i can't afford them:) I built this plow for about $40, but the materials were 50% off sale and i already had a big A frame to go to the back end, so all i had to do was make a sub frame and rig it all up. It uses a timing belt offa car as an edge. It pushes wood chips and dirt good so i'm going to clear 'em out for the snow!
    And i'd love to put a small gas engine in my truck, but more along the lines of a model airplane engine, not a 5hp lawnmower - not too much power, just too much weight... hehe... yup he'd be a sidewalker subber:D
    Click here for more pics of the RC plowtruck of the year
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2001
  13. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

Nice work.Have to show us some pics of the tractor.Looks like you my have a good head start as a fabricator when you get older.
  14. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Sweet truck. Looks like a Chevy too... A powerwheels one would be cool my daughter could get pratice. LOL.
    Really tho I've never seen a model/toy truck w/ a plow on it. You sould think about marketing them... :)

Hey, just dont let casey see this, he might want one to get under his customer cars.... :rolleyes:
  15. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

A few years back, after the blizzard of 96, channel 4 in NYC (NBC) news did a piece on a Bobcat skid steer. This guy wired it himself, remote control. He would sit across the street in his warm pickup, and plow driveways. It was cool. Not sure what the range was, he said it had some type of kill set up in case it went out of range, it would shut down. I actually have the clip on video tape somehwhere....

16. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Go Gas Powered! look up T Maxx at traxxas.com..... for a blade check this guy out http://www.rcworld2000.com/plowpage.htm or look on ebay. Gas powered has a great run time with no down time for battery charge gas up and go.... refuel and keep going...
    Mine was clocked at 45mph on asphalt or 38mph in tall grass...
    will shove a bunch of snow...... but you have to add weight to keep tires from slipping! Ask for one for christmas!!!!
  17. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

that cool but gas would be the way to go
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2001
  18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Yea gas is cool, but i can only afford so much! This truck was $80 last Jan, plus $20 for the batt. and charger, but the truck was $20 off, so it was like throwing the battery and charger in for free, so it was still $80. I have other things to spend money on too, and i'm also saving money for a truck too. Someday i'll have a whole fleet of gas RC trucks with big plows on them.....