1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowsite mobile?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Grn Mtn, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

just wondering if plowsite will launch a mobile platform like facebook has?

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope not. I was thinking that the other day as I was checking my email and facebook on my phone. thank god plowsite doesnt have this, or I'd never do anything.

3. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Or better how about a Iphone app. I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me!

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

plowsite and lawnsite both have a mobile version of the site. I dont like it though, you cant check pms, or view profiles or chevk your visitor msgs. All you can do is read and reply. I wish there was an option to view in destop mode on the phone.

one site i go to here and there has a really nice iphone/mobile interface for thier forum that has all the options still. www.everythingicafe.com.

But a moose river media iphone app would be the coolest! Haha!!

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm on plowsite on my phone every day. I can check PM's, and do basically everything I can here at the computer.

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I can do on my phone it treo 700wx. I could check PM too. But there little disadvantage with pictures it not show until you click on image to view it.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good point Mil. I was also going to say that there are slight disadvantages to it, but that's to be expected I suppose. I'd assume maybe its certain phones or plans that are limited to what you're capable of doing. Mine's a Blackberry Curve through Verizon.

Ebay, craigslist, etc show full size images right away.

8. stroker79

I have an iphone and images show like normal on mine too whatever site i go on. hwever for some reason plowsite and lawnsite detect that it is a mobile device and all i can view is the dummed down mobile version without a chose to view the site any differently. its kinda frustrating.

EDIT: I dont know how I missed this all this time but I can view private msgs on the mobile site. I just went and checked, lol. I normally just hit NEW POSTS

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

This is information I didn't need to know. As it is I get on here for a couple hours at a time, and it seems like only minutes.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I can do everything on my Blackberry except PM's.

11. stroker79

can you look in other peoples profiles? and check your visitor msgs?

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You can, you just have to find it. User CP maybe. I get alerted in an email if I have a PM. I just click the link and it takes me to my inbox. That's how I respond to PM's so quickly ;)

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Can you HEAR me now?

14. Grn Mtn

whats the mobile versions address?

15. Grn Mtn

what is the address? I tried plowsite.com but the error I get is that the pages can't be chunked up small enough.

My phone will do facebook mobile no prob.

16. I just picked up a 3G Turbo Stick from Bell Canada. Gives me highspeed internet on my laptop anywhere on the go!

17. stroker79

Its plowsite.com. Thats all I type on my phone and it goes to the mobile site