1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowsite get together/cookout?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Boss, Oct 4, 2004.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hey everyone! I was thinking about trying to set up a tri-state get together. Plowboyblake and I thought sometime in November might work? Let's here your thoughts and suggestions on this. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to help get this going. Thanks. Jason. :waving:

2. CENLO

CENLO Member

Tri-state seems a little narrow :cry: What about the folks in the Great White North........eh! :drinkup:

3. The Boss

Anybody is welcome to attend!! :nod: I figured that alot of the guys from way up north and the northeast won't be able to make it. The northeastern boys are having a bbq but it's too far for me. :waving:

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

The Boss, Where & when are you thinking of having this get together?? I am just a little south of St.Louis & would be happy to attend if possible. I don't mind driving because it would be worth it to meet you guys in person.

5. The Boss

I'm thinking right smack dab in the middle of Illinois somewhere. Kind of in between everything. Any suggestions? :waving:

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I don't know much about the state. (lots of deep dark rich looking soil that grows good corn & a few oil wells) Anywhere you think is good is fine with me. Lots of guys on here from that state, someone help THE BOSS out. :waving:

7. The Boss

Thanks Boast. If nobody wants to help out, maybe we can atleast meet you somewhere. :drinkup:

8. Hey guys,
    You know I'm in. Boss, I think it would be easier to keep it close to us. That way we would have better ideas on what to do. There has got to be more people around here that wanna go!!!

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

might try asking John aka Garagekeeper, he is in Glenview IL

10. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I'll be up for a visit :drinkup: There are a few good towns along I-80 like Peru or Ottowa. Both have many chain restaurants and such. In fact, I think there is either a BW-3's or Hooters in Ottowa.

11. The Boss

I was hoping you would see this Chris! I figured that you would want to come. Boast Enterprises wants to come up too so lets see if he wants to drive that far. It sounds good to me though! :waving:

12. Plow Meister

Well, if you are looking for a Tri-State (IL, IN, WI) location, here are a few cities that have decent populations and are , for lack of better words, convenient...

Ottowa and Peru off of I-80
    Dekalb off of I-88 and I-39
    Rockford off of I-90 and I-39
    Joliet off of I-80 and I-55

Those are really the only cities with somewhat of a population. Depending on what kind of get together :drinkup: you want, it should be relatively easy to find either a good hole in the wall bar & grill or a chain restaurant. Personally, I would go for Peru or Joliet.

Seeing as I blew off my own get together this summer :eek: I guess I should at least help out with this one.

13. The Boss

Peru sounds just fine to me. Let's see if we can get anybody else. How about a date? :waving:

14. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

Meet ya there

Hey Boss count me in but I am riding with you. you got the extended cab i dont, but ya never know the wife might wanna come too. But we could put her in the back. But she dont smoke so I dont know about it her riding with two smokers.

15. The Boss

There's always the WAY back. :drinkup:
    You got to bring your truck too so everyone has their rides there.

16. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

true

True I need to bring it along (the truck) so that way everyone else can see it too.

17. Plow Meister

Well, you said November and that sounds good to me. I figure a Saturday or Sunday, Saturdays being optimal. I would venture to say the sooner in November the better. I heard something to the fact that when FL had a bunch of hurricanes in a row back in 1979, that winter was a beastly one. Tons of snow and lots of cold. Well, here we are again with FL getting hammered with hurricanes every week for the past 4 weeks. I have a good feeling that this winter will be very productive. All the more reason to get together as soon as possible.

I will look for a place to get together. I assume a bar & grill or BW-3's?

18. The Boss

Me, you and plowboyblake so far can all convoy out there. That'd be cool seeing 3 big fords rolling down the interstate. :nod:

19. The Boss

My old man said that this is the same way the weather was in 79 when we got all them snowstorms. The farmers almanac said that Feb. and March are going to be some of the coldest and snowiest on record. I've also talked to some old boys and Indians I know and they say that we're going to get nailed this year. Let's hope!! :nod: :redbounce

20. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Get together

I would certainly try to make it for a get together.
    keep us all informed on the date.
    :rolleyes: John...............................