1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PlowSite.com stickers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by z71Worker, Nov 11, 2004.

1. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

Hello all,

Got the ok from Sean to get this going.. Due to it being late in the season, I'll do my best to get all the figures i can ASAP.. But here goes..

- How many are interested, and approx quanity you would want..
    - Bumber or Window sticker or both..
    - In an effort to keep cost as low as possible, prob. one size/design for each one..

Please respond with your answer to the above.. This is a no profit venture for myself, I have no outside interest other than meeting some people and maybe getting some new members? with that said, if we do it, i will do all leg work for ordering and do shipping prob 1 or 2 times a week..

:drinkup:

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Stickers

I need 4 stickers. Depending on design, maybe 2 of each kind. :waving:

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I woulld take a window sticker....as long as it is not HUGE... do not need anything else blocking my view...

4. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I'm with Frozen001, if you give us some sizing maybe you would get a better response? Regardless, put me down for a couple anyway, I will do my part to help out this site.

5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Count me in for 2 of whatever you come up with, or if more than one style then 2 of each.

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

do you guys really want your customers coming to this site? If they do a search and find it, I say fine but don't paste it all over your trucks.

7. Mrplowguy

Mrplowguy Junior Member

I'd take one window sticker depending on size

8. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Does a car salesman want people going to the Kelly Blue Book site? Probably not. Why? Because they are always trying to stick it to people.
    Those of us here who are trying to do things legitimately and professionally (and I'm not accusing you of not doing so) have nothing to hide from people. I'll steal the motto of a local retailer to sum it up, "An educated consumer is our best customer."
    Showing that you're a member of an organization or forum that is dedicated to the betterment of your trade should not be a detractor to people. JMO.
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.........

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Your neg. comments are getting old real quick. Take em somewhere else. :rolleyes:

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Negative comments? I guess anything that you don't agree with is viewed to you as negative.

11. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

"Showing that you're a member of an organization or forum that is dedicated to the betterment of your trade should not be a detractor to people."Exactly what I was thinking!!!

dlcs, If you don't want any stickers on your trucks then don't get any!

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I never said it was a detractor. Some of the things that get brought up on here is the reason why I don't want any of my customers to know about this site. Do you really want your customers to know your pricing strategies and things you do to make your job easier.

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Just because I (WE) don't agree with it doesn't mean that's it's negative. I've reviewed some of your posts and quite a few of them are in a negative manner. We're here to learn and help, not criticize everything. If you don't like the idea of stickers, keep your mouth shut and opinions to yourself. The last person who did this was banned..... :cool:

14. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Yes I do. Like I said before, I have nothing to hide from my customers. If they come here, they'll see that we all have our own ways of determining price. They'll see that the plowing situations are all quite different, not to mention regional. And most importantly, I think they'd be impressed to see that their plowing contractor cares enough about what he's doing to spend time participating in this excellent forum, and have more confidence that they've hired someone who knows what they are doing.
    Like Boast said, if you don't want the stickers don't get them. I have no problem with you doing your business your way, or stating your opinion.
    You're just not going to convince me that a customer knowing about PlowSite is a negative thing for me or the other members. Good luck to you. :waving:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  15. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I'll take a window and bumper sticker! Great idea! :cool:

16. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

ok maybe i was premature in posting the thread (only time i will ever admitt the premature issue) I have requested a bumber sticker and oval window sticker quote as well as a template what they would look like from 2 diff places.. i should have within a day or so (holiday) i will post pics of each asap, thanks for the interest guys..

Site admin has already ok'd the idea.. If anyone feels this should not happen, please put those feelings in form of a PM to me and ill forward them along.. thanks guys!!

17. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

LMAO, maybe we should review all yours. Maybe you should be the one keeping your pie hole shut. you don't speak for everyone here.

18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Maybe you two should discuss this else where... and keep this thread on-topic....

If you want to argue this is not the place, nor is any thread the place for what it is worth...

19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Nope no need, I'm done. :)

20. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Even if they do come to Plowsite.com how many are going to run out and spend thousands of $$$ to purchase a truck and plow to get in on a little snowplowing? Probably none, worst case maybe a couple. As far as pricing...I'd be happier then a Grape Ape if they came here to see what the rates are around the rest of the country...then maybe I could charge more here.

I'd be in for a couple stickers, not much for putting stickers on my truck but would like to have a couple in the shop.

Buck