1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows Vs. Plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PPS. inc, Oct 11, 2009.

1. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

I am pretty set on buying a blizzard but some buddies told me took at the sno-way. I look at snowway n it just screams home-owner plow. I think boss n western make smaller plows too but I am pretty set on the blizzard. what do you guys think. blizzard or sno-way? or do the front end wrk on the f150 n get a 700 or 800 pd. fischer/boss/western?

let me hear it.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You'll like the blizzard more.
  3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I have used all the brands you have mentioned except for the Blizzard. Unless you change your entire front end setup (springs, axle, etc.) your 150 will not fair well in the long run, with a 700-800# plow. What series SnoWay did you look at? For your F150 (depending upon year and options) you should be looking at the 26 Series, or maybe the 29. Both of these are very stout commercial grade plows. I have run my 26 steel blade for 2 trouble free years so far, doing about 20 small to mid sized commercials and a dozen residentials. All in all it comes down to 1) What is listed for your exact vehicle? 2) How is local dealer support? 3) What do you want it to do?

I can tell you that after using the "chainless" plows, (Boss & SnoWay) it would probably take alot to get me to go back to chains for a new setup.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

5. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

I had a 1/2 ton dodge with the western 7.5 midweight plow it worked great and the truck was fine. My friend had sno ways and had nothing but problems
  6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Sno-way is by NO MEANS a home owner plow brand, they may make home-owner grade plows in their line up just as all the other brands do but they are indeed built like tanks. I think Sno-Way is perceived as a lesser plow by having alot of more "high-tech" stuff and "selling features"(Not that every company doesn't have stuff) and also because they are not usually associated with the "Blue Collar Hero" brands like fisher and western, you usually don't get your gran-daddy's hand me down sno-way if anybody can understand what i'm trying to say. But they are indeed excellent built and capable pieces of equipment.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would worry more about dealer service and support then brand.
  8. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

i agree with hydro its very important:drinkup::drinkup: