1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows to the right, stays to the right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDBoots, Nov 30, 2014.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas,

When plowing my plow will go to the right and stay to the right, there is no return to center/left. The plow moves to the right fine, but then when you try to return to center it makes a "bump" sound, try again and the "bump" sound is a bit softer, then by the third or forth attempt I cannot hear this "bump" sound.

I have consulted the Meyers "trouble shoot" page and I have changed the couplers to a new pair I picked up.

Could I need to replace the 12v motor? I have a spare and I figured since I hear this "bump" it works.

In stock at the house is another C coil & C valve.

As always, all help is appreciated,
    Eric

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck to see if your getting signal at the coils when your going left or up, if need be unhook the pos side of the plow motor at the solenoid, or motor itself

3. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Dieselss,

would I use a multi meter or test lamp to do this? Learning all this awesomeness as I go. Self taught

4. dieselss

Test light is easier, but a meter will work as well

5. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Ok so I used a test light and I have power but when I pushed the joystick right tonight there was no click (heard or felt) but it did click and make noise when going left & up.. is the motor shot? Could it be the motor ground?

6. dieselss

Did you get signal at the coils.(on the plow btw)

7. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

What do you mean by signal? Can I use the test light? Both Left and Up operate properly and I know my plow pump has a good ground

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Disconnect the small black, green and red wire at the pump, does it go left? If not replace C Valve.

9. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Kimber, do you mean zero connection between controller and pump? If so, how could it go left then? I do have a spare C valve sitting, waiting...

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

All a Meyer pumps needs to go left is the motor to run. No valves are used for left. You can try to remove the C coil if it is stuck, C valve is swollen and could be stuck shifted. Pretty much the only thing keeping a Meyer from going left is a stuck C valve or bad control.

11. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

A buddy came over and as we tried everything, it was the joystick that lasted all of 5 storms max….