1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plows on pavers??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by captdevo, Nov 21, 2002.

1. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

i just started dealing Boss plows and have a customer that wants a power-v plow for plowing a huge lot made of pavers.

he is concerned with the steel edge scraping them.

i was thinking of getting a urethane edge for him.

suggestions please!!!

BTW....i searched and found they are suggested and work great, but never saw any comments about Boss Power-V plows used.

Thanks, Dave

anyone need Boss parts....drop me a line!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2002
  2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Put the U-edge on the plow, and your ready to go, regardless of surface of pavement. Steel can, and will, damage pavers; its only a matter of time. The U-edge will give you piece of mind!

CGB

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We do pavers with plows (including Boss V's), and urethane edges are the ticket.... no damage whatsoever.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

John DiMartino is running a u edge on his power V, so drop him a line or a PM.
    BTW there is now a urethane center "hoof" piece available.
    Dino

5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Hey guys, keep me posted including where to get them.

I have a customer with fancy pavers i have been dragging my Boss across for two years now... I grit my teeth and squint every time. Just waiting for one to pop up.

So far, no problems back dragging with steel but I dont need the extra stress from babying those brick or an Irrate customer in the middle of a snow storm. :realmad:

I just happen to need a new edge this year....

6. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

thanks for the replies!!

Dino, i'll let you know this week!!

7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I took the plung and installed an Artic Groomer Edge (purchased from a plowsite member) today and I am really impressed. After installing it I took it out to an empty parking lot to start wearing a cutting edge on it and after a few short chatter runs, wow!!

A buddy of mine helped me install it (which only took about an hour including coffee break) and came out with me. We both took turns driving while the other watched the blade conform to the surface. I can't wait to try it out plowing. Many of my customers have paver aprons that we use to clear with a blower. This thing should save me at least an hour allowing me to pick up a few more hand picked accounts.

I still have to modify my prowings to fit with the new edge. Haven't made up my mine as to how I'm going to do that. I have a few options, just want to make sure before I start cutting anything. Bring on the snow!!!

Mark

8. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

You mentioned that it worked on Boss Pwer V....but what about the Western MVP? I am picking up mine next week and was wondering about the poly option.

Since we are on the topic, where can these be located? I live in Illinois and prefer a dealer near me.

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

They work very good on any plow, but I curently use them on 2- western MVP plows, and have had very good results.
    Dino