1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows on. Almost ready.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Seaway25, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I took the old plow off and got the new one on today. It's a big plow, (9ft) but it doesn't seem to sag the truck too bad. I drove home an hour and a half without any overheating either. My transmission ran about 20-30 degrees hotter than normal. The motor was only about 10 degrees above average. Anyway, here's pics of my old plow leaving, and the new plow on the ground and in the air.

100_1838.JPG

100_1839.JPG

100_1840.JPG

100_1841.JPG

2. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I still need to get a new cutting edge and do some touch up on the head gear. Then I'll be ready.

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i think you put a jackstand under the front end, theres no sag at all lol, i think i notice one treadblocks worth of sag thats it! lookin good!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why did you trade plows? What was the size of the old one?

5. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

It was an old 7 1/2 conventional mount fisher that was on the truck when I bought it. Here's a thread and some pics of where I started with the truck......

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84710

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that thing has no problems holding the weight either.

7. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

hey just wonderin what u have besides timbrens? what size tires? torsion bar turned up? lift? thanks in advance. time i helped my 2500hd out a lil lol she rides low in the front

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good and it handles the plow great

9. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I used it for the first time today. It works well. It's a tight fit on a couple driveways that I do though. I'm hoping we get some good cold days so the gravel that I have to do firms up. Overall I'm pretty happy so far. But I think I might go down to an 8 ft next year.

10. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Looks good man, now u just need snow.

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I dislike on the older MM1s it looks like the headgear is going to fall off when raised. A guy I work with has an older 9' MM1 on his newer dodge and looks this way as did the 97 F350 9'. I understand it is a heavy plow but any rhyme or reason to this. Where I work we have 2 9' MM2s and they don't do this. See 3rd pic down for what I am rambling on about.