1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows off, Salters off...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

60*+ today, took of the equipment, emptied the bed, put on the load handler and cleaned up the leaves. if there is one thing worse than a mid winter thaw is seeing the lawn covered in leaves that came down in an early snowstorm.

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

kinda sucks don't it!

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

LOL i actually had a few customers call me to 'clean up' there lawns. I said sure... In April when i bill you for your spring cleanup. LOL Thaw time is my time to rest and make sure all my equipment is in good shape.

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Got a few late clean up calls today too!

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I emptied my truck sunday, took the 800lbs out of the back. Plow's been off.
    Just wait till later today when its 65 out.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I'm going to continue fall leaf removal, that we missed when the snow came.

btw-plows/salter have been off since the last snow :)

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to work on them tomorrow, I have my 2 year old on tues while wife works. The lawns are soaked it should be fun, only have 4 left.

8. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Mids 60's today in NJ.....boat is coming out this afternoon. Ton of misc work to do but thats why I started me own business.....

9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

The lawns are way too wet and soft here. It's not worth the rutting and grooving.

10. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

Everything is flooded here. This morning my yard was covered in water.

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

here in cleveland we are supposed to get 1-2" of rain tongiht I was thinking of doing some yard cleanups, but we will see what happens. I may just want to sit around and not do much of anything...

12. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Mid 60's here in Philly. I took the day and washed my truck

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

still doing leaves here almost done.....its money but not snow money

14. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Cleaned gutters today. Ground way too mushy to do leaves or even walk on in some yards.

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

This weather is horrible I want SNOW!!payup

16. jrush

jrush Member
    from ct

Well, I finally got my fall clean up done today!!!! Would rather be making $$$$ though! Maybe I'll go see if I can get a cust or 2 done this week that I did'nt have time for in fall.

17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I took my plow off too. I barely got it off in December, but that's a good thing! January is starting to make me nervous. We still could use some more snow. I wouldn't do any leaf cleanups, my equipment is stored away at various places. Plus it's snowplowing season! It's supposed to get cold tonight and snow, but not enough to do anything about.

18. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

:angry::realmad::gunsfiring: go figure, I get mine and my neighbors yards all nice looking and today we have 30 mph winds with gusts over 40 and all my neighbors neighbors leaves are in my yard. AAAAAAAAAAHHHH. I WANT SNOW.

19. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Everything is off the trucks and clean! I could use this little break, let me tell ya.;)

20. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Everything stays on. All company trucks so no daily drivers. There are even 6 that the plows never come off because they aren't used in the summer.