1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows Mounted. Waiting For 2011-12 Winter. This is my company. IM 17

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Earthscapes 315, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Earthscapes 315

Earthscapes 315 Junior Member
    from 315

I have always loved working. but when time came to get my first car i bought a 2002 f350. and went 50/50 on a new boss straight blade. this allowed me to start off and these first driveways payed offmy truck payments and insurance for the whole year. not a bad deal. it also opened the doors to further expand my growing landscaping company outside my neighborhood.

my first snow season i had 11 driveways

i am now 17 years old. this is my second season have 7 fast track markets gas stations. 2 insurance buildings. one goverment office (3 parking lots for that building) and 15 hand picked driveways.

2011-2012 Season . Wish Me Luck
    Thanks-Greg

f350 2002.jpg

f350 022.jpg

f350 024.jpg

f350 025.jpg

f350 026.jpg

2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

sick dump 350 450 or 550? what yr?

3. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

So are these all your trucks or just the 1st one???

4. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Looks good nice to see younger guys like myself.

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Nice to see other younger guys on here, I'm 20 here and have slowly expanded snow/lawn over the years. 20yrs old and am one yr away from finally being done with school, countin down the days lol

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

do you have somebody working for you or is one truck just a backup?

7. SnoMan19

SnoMan19 Member

Wow if those are all your trucks and your 17. good work either way Thumbs Up

8. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Boy that looks like the carwash in Watertown NY I sued to go to!

9. Earthscapes 315

from 315

f550 2008 4x4 xlt

10. Earthscapes 315

from 315

yea. i dropped out of high school. both trucks are mine. both deseil. and i have another worker run the black truck. the dump truck ia my baby

11. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

did you sell the first truck? how did you manage to drop out of high school? how do you cover your insurances? -Brandon

12. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

Where in the 315 are you?
    My question is where did you get the money to pay for these two new trucks and plows being only 17 years old, a high school drop out and only beginning your second year in business?
    Where did you learn how to bid jobs, run a business and do all this stuff?
    I'm not knocking it, it looks like your doing a great job, I'm just curious.

13. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

I'm wondering how he signed contracts on those properties.
    I thought in order for a contract to be legal and valid the person signing has to be 18 or older.

Dropping out of high school even for work isn't going to impress any one.

Go get your GED!

14. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

It is defiantly possible, I don't doubt his abilities at all. There are numeral successful young guys out there and I respect everyone.

15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

looks good, i would get your ged, but other than that nice job!

16. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Give him a break. He's working and seems to be doing pretty well for himself.School isn't for everyone. Hard work and determination can get you farther then a piece of paper. He can get insurance it's just going to be sky high.

17. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

I see where you are coming from. Some contacts only require a Drivers license number along with background plus all your company information. When I started my father covered my insurances and liabilities in his name until I could take it over. That's why I am wondering for is covering everything? His dad?

18. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Nice to see some other young people just starting off like me. I have been working for about 7 years know. Started off with a John Deer tractor then went to a Polaris 450 Quad and just got myself a Ford f250 diesel this past summer and put a plow on that. This winter Im working with about 10 costumers would like to have more but have to be able to get to school in the morning.

19. Earthscapes 315

from 315

utica rome area. been mowing since 13. saved and fliped snow blowers mowers atvs **** like that and kept banking money. my bacl truck is paid in full. dump truck is payments will pay off in full on april 1st from contract money. i believe in no debt. pay all off first then whats left is my money. i am 4th generation drop out. great grandpa master wood worker. grandpa owned 7 bay service dept. for cars for 32 years. now owns a car wash. my father owns a car dealership. BUSINESS IS IN MY BLOOD. and to bid jobs i learn by listening to the old farts in the business. nothing is benifits me more then taking advice. and taking it one day at a time. taking risks at my age is the best . nothing to loose. no over head.

20. Earthscapes 315

from 315

i have insurance through another person till im 18 then it switches to me and everything under my name