1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows for 1999 LD F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I am getting ready to put a plow on my light duty 1999 F-250. I know a MD II system from Meyer is what it calls for. I am working 90 hours a week so I have no time to search options. Anybody do other systems or adapted other systems to work? I like to piece systems together spending less money then new. I like Western and Meyer which I know really well. All my plow guys know the systems well too. Being in NE Ohio I have access to all the parts I need. I just don"t have the time to research options. I have to do the side paint jobs when they are available. So My time is at a premium.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher and Western will put anything on it from 7'6 straight up to a 9' pro plus. I put in ext and reg cab 7700gvw and the 5.4L.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's a XLT regular cab 5.4 truck. Electric shift 4x4. I want to go used on the system.
  4. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I had a 97 f250ld w/a 7'6 western proplow handled it just fine.