1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows broken

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by HOOBS PRO PLUS, Jan 4, 2010.

from NW PA

Took both of my plows out of commission this morning! Both are Western Pro Plus's. Hit a curb with the left side of plow. The first one fluid flew everywhere. The second one no fluid was seen. But now neither plow will angle to the right! We are in the middle of a good LES and both trucks are down! Can anyone help with what might be wrong? I am waiting for someplace to open so I can get fluid and try to see where it is coming from.

Needing Help in PA:realmad::realmad::realmad:
  2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you blew a hose on the first one, just look around to see where the fluid is coming from.

You could have just knocked a connection loose on the second. Check the grill plugs to be sure they're tight.
  3. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

you CAN throw ATF in there as long as its not to cold it'll get you through
  4. highclimber604

highclimber604 Junior Member

i know fisher has a pressure switch that releases the valves if you hit a curb. but sounds like you blew out something. check the simple stuff first. hoses and angle pistons etc. then look into the control valves. i only know fishers sorry
  5. Dnotarianni

Dnotarianni Junior Member
    from RI

As far as fluid goes ATF, Power steering or Hyd. Makes no difference to me or the plow. Check your power connections also