1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plows are for pushing....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AKvsAR, Jan 26, 2009.

1. AKvsAR

AKvsAR Junior Member

Have a friend who works at a small airport do this to their tandem dump plow:

He attempted to move (ram) some piles of snow that had hardened, but the piles were twice the size of the truck.

Took forever to unhook that plow, damn ice in the connectors.
  2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's gotta be expensive to fix. Did he damage the truck at all?
  3. AKvsAR

AKvsAR Junior Member

Not that I know of.
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks. Good thing nothing was screwed up too bad.
  5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

wow...... musta been using one corner,by the way that mount is peeled off the front
  6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicussmileyflagWell he might of been expecting too much of the truck plus if ya have a good look at the welds it looks a little light. Should of ran a few more passes over.
  7. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

I think it was welded correctly. Better to break off like that than to wreck the frame. Kind of like a shear pin on a blower. I build alot of equipment and sometimes it's better to leave that last weld line or angle brace off. It's easy to build something bullet proof but trust me there is an idiot out there that will still break it. Bullet proof just means it costs more to fix it when they do wreck it.
  8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

more weld wouldn't have done jack. it pulled the top bolt out(or broke the head off). then it broke the parent metal through the bolt hole, on the drivers side, it cracked the parent metal again. not a weld