1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plown With a lifted gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Schwei, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Schwei

Schwei Junior Member
    from 48858

i have a 97 gmc half ton with a 6" rough country suspension and a 2 in body lift with 35's. I didnt want to put a plow on it but with he tight economy and finical issues i have to. i am putting a 7.5 myer on it and im wondering if any one had any suggestions on how i should drop the mount. or if i should fab the A frame for the plow instead of the mount, i was thinking that would be better. i will be running smaller tires not the 35s. also does anyone know what the proper height from the mount to the ground should be for a myer?? thanks

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The proper height is 10 or 11 inches I believe for the classic tubular system. You will have to fab the mount to drop down and give you the right height, so the a frame stays level.

3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

post pictures of it when your done!

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

search plow site its self. not just gm there is lots of lifted plow stuff with pics.

and all i can say is if lifted its a p.i.t.a not seeing the plow even when up. :dizzy:

this from a guy 6" lifted and running 35" tires. :cry: