1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLB, Dec 6, 2002.

1. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Older Western setup (new to me). Plowlights are pretty weak.
    Are the new light setups any better?
    Anyone put e-code H4 quartz halogens in them?? I have them in my Miata and they put out easily twice the light compared to stock sealed beams. Might be a odd size of course...
    I measure 6x3.5" that shows, anyone know if the "casing" covers part of the lamp, or is that the actual lamp size??
    Thanks for any help
  2. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I have an older Meyer setup (new to me, too). It's lights are every bit as good as the headlights on the truck, if not a little better (once properly aligned).

Unfortunately, the guy who had the truck before me wired everything wrong and not only do the lights not function properly (the truck's headlights stay on, and the whole setup operates differently than it should for it's controls), but last night (my first time plowing at night, plowing for the state) the lights were flickering until I turned the damn things off.

I plowed (behind a state truck with, thankfully, some lights pointing at the road next to and behind it) for an hour or two before it occured to me to turn off the plow lights and leave the truck's headlights on. On the way home after done plowing, I found that by _holding_ the high-beam control, I could get the plow's high beams to stay on without flickering.

Anyway, I digress. An inexpensive solution for adding light would be to add some cheap fog/driving lights to your truck, mounted near the plow lights.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Make sure the ground is good. Dim lights are often due to bad grounds!