1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowlight on Tundra dont make sense

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Hedgehog, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I installed my Curtis HomePro3000 on my 2011 Toyota Tundra. When the plow is hooked to the truck, the plow lights are directly in front of the Tundra headlights. Why would Curtis do this considering the Toyota headlights are so much brighter? Any ideas on how to raise the plowlights up without looking like a after thought?
  2. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

tundra plow.jpg
    Here is a picture

tundra plow.jpg
  3. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

it just must be the way crtis built the homepro frame,i run the snopro 3000 on my 07 tundra,and those lights are higher on the snopro frame. there is spacers availible to raise the lights,just a piece of square tube that raise the lights only. ive
    seen them on ebay
  4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

If they're at the same height and the plow doesn't block them when it's up, remove em and use the brighter stock headlights. It's an option...
  5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You should have went with the snow pro. That thing looks tiny on that truck. But to answer your question, only your plow lights should be on. There should be a switch to for your headlights to switch them.
  6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

There is a switch that I can switch between plow lights and truck lights. As far as the plow, I bought it when I had a Tacoma and later transferred it to the Tundra.
  7. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Thing is, when you lift the plow generally the front of the truck will drop a bit which throws off the aim of your truck lights. Adjust the plow lights for this situation so the aim is correct. If you like the truck lights better, just use them! The pic below is a home pro on an Explorer. Note how much higher the plow lights are than the truck lights.
  8. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i have the same problem with my fisher homesteder on my 03 tundra can you get close up of light frame