1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfguy, Aug 29, 2000.

1. turfguy

turfguy Member

I JUST BOUGHT A 1990 F150 TO USE AS A SPARE....IT HAS ALMOST 100K ON IT AND SEEMS IN GOOD SHAPE...DOES ANYBODY SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH PUTTING AN 8FT FISHER PLOW ON THIS? I HAVE BEEN MOWING FOR A WHILE AND WOULD LIKE TO BREAK INTO SNOWPLOWING...ANY THOUGHTS....IDEAS....DIRECTIONS...

2. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

Turfguy,

An 8' Fisher is just to heavy for a Ford F-150. Go with a 7 1/2' with Timbrens in the front end and it will be a good plow truck

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The 8' fisher is a 29' blade, adding extra height and weight. For and F 150, go with a 7 1/2 fisher, weigh less, just doesn't have the extra height and support of a 8'. Or you could be crazy like i was once and put a 9' on a half ton gmc, destroyed the truck.

Geoff

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher isn't the only plow out there

I'd go with an 8' Sno-Way, been using them for years, they work good for me. And we had our first on a K1500 GMC, since then we've added plows and now the 8' straight blades will be hanging on S-10s. No Timbrens either.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

A fellow former contractor (now a police officer) used as his front line trucks two, 1985 F150 4x4, 300 6 cylinder stick with 8 foot Fishers. The front ends were no problem, but he would replace clutches every spring.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

8 ft fisher is to heavy,try to find a 7 1/2 or a western 7 1/2.You can run thr timbre's or airbags in the front,the airbags sit more level,but they blow quite often,making the timbre's the better choice