1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tbone3, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tbone3

tbone3 Member

Hey Guys

Im just curious how lonely it gets when you guys are plowing 6-12 hours a night or day... Do you bring anyone with you? What do you do to keep your self busy or whatever. My and my friend were gonna plow this winter and now its only me doing it... So i wanna see what you all do!

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Radio and cell phone with blue tooth earpice I talk to my friend who plows 2 town over
  3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

I bring my rock.............................................we jam out together.
  4. tbone3

tbone3 Member

I have a CB and Ipod connector for my plow truck. How often do other plow guys have CBs in their truck?
    That'd be cool for some guys to talk on the CB...

5. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

The minute it starts snowing my mother calls me and yacks my ear off.

This year my wife bought me a puppy and i hope he is up to it this winter. Otherwise i work well just listening to the radio/ipod
  6. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I'm thinking of putting a cb in the truck this year. Music is good, hell music is great! talking/listening to others would be awesome too.
    what do you have for a cb? I'm thinking of a Uniden pc78xl.

Also bringing the dog is fun too, until you hit a bank a little to hard and they end up under the dash! hah
  7. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

When I have to plow at work I take my Bluetooth head phones that I bought to use with my Droid and listen to Pandora or any of the music I have stored on my phone.
  8. tbone3

tbone3 Member

I just got the Cobra 29 WX NW BT. It have NOAA weather built in so its perfect for the Snow! I definitely recommend this one! I have it in my 6.4 diesel and LOVE IT!

Cobra is the way to go.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When it snows I get peace and quite from not being at home.And to keep myself busy,well I guess I've been plowing snow!
  10. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

I agree! It's a nice break from the home, but why plow snow? Is that what were supposed to be doing when its snowing? Guess I should start doing that then. :eek:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol 6-12 hours. Thats cake walk, i start to freak out about hour 18-20
  12. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I crank the tunes and make plowing videos, LOL no problem, but my route one time around takes me about 4-5 hours
  13. tbone3

tbone3 Member

How many people do you do?
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No sex talk.:rolleyes:
  15. tbone3

tbone3 Member

I knew someone would take that childish... How many people do you snow plow...?
  16. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I dont do too well when im on the phone so i use my handsfree mount for my evo and It works like a charm. Its nice to give me plowing buddies a call during the storm. I also bring along my kid rock cd's, And and chug mt. dew to stay up. My old intern comes in alot also hes 16.. hes a cool kid loves plowing.
  17. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

The only time it gets lonely is in the middle of the night, on the far side of the property, when the snowblower runs out of fuel! :rolleyes:
  18. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

My co-pilot, but she tends to fall asleep if out too long.

19. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

You hit it on the head. When I go out, it means the wife and kids are at home. Turn up the tunes and enjoy the beautiful snow in front of you!
  20. tbone3

tbone3 Member

Sounds good guys, When you plow do you do sidewalks too or just drives?