1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing yesterday !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eric ELM, May 26, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Yesterday just 8 miles from me it hailed 4" with some hail stones as big as golf balls. On the news on TV it showed the city out plowing the streets since the hail was so deep. We could see BLACK clouds down that way while we were mowing and all we got was a light rain for a short time. If I would of known, I could of put on the plow and got some plowing in. :D
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I wonder how long it took them to dig out the plows and mount them!
    As big as golf balls? It must have looked like someone spilled a giant cooler!

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL... When I saw that thread in the list, I was like "Wait a minute... he's not that far from me!?!? What was he plowing!?!?!?"

I was at work when that storm rolled through. We actually got some of the hail, but it was only about pea-sized. Our paintless dent guy was starting to drool. After that big hail storm we got last summer, he probably paid off his house.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Ya never know when you will need your plows or sanders.

Last summer a truck's diesel tank reptured in a parking lot that we plow. The owner of the lot asked if we could sand the lot. I said sure no problem be right over.

5. cos

cos Junior Member

I saw that on the news too. There has to be alot of insurance claims due to those projectiles coming down at x amount of miles an hour.
  6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

No hail where I was, but.............

.......the town of Wasaga Beach, about 1/2 hr from our parachute club, got hailed on pretty hard this afternoon - and a couple of people who'd driven through there said it looked it had snowed. We had rain, but the bulk of the heavy stuff skirted us & parked out over Georgian Bay for most of the afternoon.
  7. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Here in Albany we saw hail twice today. I thought of getting out my plow, there was enough hail to cover the ground at a job we were on this morning. It literaly looked like it had snowed, it got cold and you could even see your breath for a little while. Before I could get the plow hooked up the sun was out and you could see the steam coming up from the melting ice balls. Maybe I'll get my chance in June.