1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing wth 2wd a.t.v.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by UNCLE BOB, Dec 12, 2001.

1. UNCLE BOB

UNCLE BOB Member

Will a 2 wheel drive Honda four trax 250 with chains push enough snow to use on walks & drives ? Will it plow at all ?

2. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

my buddy plows with a yamaha timberwolf 250 2 wheel drive works ok not great but you need to keep the speed up depending on how deep the snow is...hes not running chains either so im sure that would be a plus..he made his blade out of a lawn tractor blade pretty heavy for the machine but it can be done..good luck..

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would suggest chains and maybe a little more weight. Depending on how much you weigh that is.:D

4. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

plowed sidewalks with my 85 honda 250sx 2 wheel dr. for 2 seasons, it rolled the snow easily at 4" with no chains.
    dan

5. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Just got finished outfitting a 95 Polaris 400 4x4 automatic, with high, low, reverse. Spent $400.oo on the plow, $ 50.00 to "adapt" a buyers spreader. All total got $3500.00+/- in it. And to be honest with you, I agree with the above post, you can probably use a 2wd. Just 2 things to think about, weight of plow in relation to quad weight, make sure it is up enough, the blade, to clear for loading, unloading. Also is it auto or manual, the pressure on te trans will be a little greater because it is 2wd. I used 2 spacers on ech front strut to brin the blade up.
    Hope this helps.

':D' " Give me a cold front & a warm rear!"':D'

Regards,
    Tim McGonigal
    RCI
    Atco, NJ