1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with zero-turn

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gavins Lawncare, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

does anybody plow with zero turn and if you do what kind do you have thinking of buying one for mine for the sidwalk and residental crews.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

We have a rotating brush on our Laser and it works great.

3. mole

mole Senior Member

Just don't know how much power you would get with a zero turn. I have one and use a plowset up for leaves when the leaves are wet and heavy it really does not push that well, a ton of wheel slip. the z are only rear wheel drive. also a little nervos about the spindales exposed to all that snow and salt. tough on them.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The grasshopper and walker mowers plow snow pretty well. The walker with cab and 2 stage snow blower is a bad mother.

But the mid mount ZTRs pretty much suck pushing snow.

5. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

I have used a lazer back in the day with bar type tires. It would push straight very well, but windrowing would just push the mower to the side in heavy snow. It also had an electric lift for the plow which was painfully slow. I wouldn't recommend using your z.

Jeff

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have also thought about getting the brush for mine but Im not really sure yet..:cool: