1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cricket, Feb 23, 2007.

1. cricket

cricket Junior Member

I have a boss V polly 8,2 and I noteiced on our last storm in ne ohio that my snowplow does not clean good.I will have 1/4 leftover after i plowed.My other truck has 8,2 straight blade
    and it's clean all the way to the ground.This week I bought a new set of blades and know I''m waiting to see if is going to be difference. Does anybody has simular problem?????

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is it sitting up on the shoes?

3. cricket

cricket Junior Member

no I do not have shoes.

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

you say its a brand new blade? maybe the cutting edge needs to be worn straight. Or the plow was assembled wrong and something is mis-aligned somewhere?

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Straight blades always seem a bit better cleaning than Vees, but that 1/4 inch might be much. The new cutting edges will surely help.

6. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

MIght want to check and make sure the mount is set at the right height.

7. Dent82

Dent82 Member

I was having the same problem, after I put new tires on. Once the blade wore down it was fine. However, I don't think a V blade will ever clean as nice at a straight blade.

8. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I am having the same problem. I just put on a new set of cutting edges with the built in curb gaurds and notice that the plow doesn't sit flat in the v formation. The center is sitting up maybe 1-2 inches off the ground. I pushed it down and it pops back up. What can I do to fix this problem..

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How worn was the last edge? I always noticed that even though it had some life left in it, the older edge didn't scrape as good and as soon as a new one was installed, it was like brand new.

And no, a V will not clean up as good as a V.

10. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

THEIR IS A ADJUSTING NUT IN THE CENTER OF THE BLADE, RIGHT BEHIND THE CENTER TOWER.

WHEN THE BLADE IS SITTING UNLEVEL.... LOSSEN THE NUT, AND ADJUST IT FORWARD OR WHICH EVER WAY IT NEEDS TO GO TO LEVEL OUT.

MAKE ANY SENSE ?

IF NOT ILL TAKE PICTURES TO SHOW YOU.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

AARON :)

11. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

I AM ............... :confused:

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Bet you have down pressure too.

TURN OFF THE CAPS, IT'S CONSIDERED YELLING

Thank you

13. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

sorry for yelling.........................

down pressure on a boss ??

im still confused .............

i have heard of some people doing it, does it work ?

aaron
    ;)

14. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Can you send me a pic of it. I think that i loosened it up and adjusted it forward. But want to make sure. It really didn't move that much and do I tighten the nut back up?

15. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Adusting the v - plow

First you lossen the nut, Then move the ajuster forward,Then the plow will level out, Then retighten the nut.

I will try to get a picture tommorow.

Aaron :D

16. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I have tried that. But when I raise the plow up and put it back down it goes back to the old way.. I just need to make sure that I am doing the right nut... Thanks..

17. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Do you do this all with the blade on the ground or up in the air? That might help out..

Thanks

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your new edge needs to be broken in.
    New edges do not scrape very well until there broken in.

Find a nice smooth section of road / lot have the blade in the straight position.

Lower the blade and drive. You need to wear off the square edge.
    It will soon be a cutting edge that will scrape the lot/drive clean.

When you lower the plow drive froward a foot then check to see if the plow is plum with the ground. They always sit up a little if you lower them in the ^ position.
    As the weight is back on the ends of the blade.
    They did hit the ground first.

Just like in the instructions to remove the plow, call for you to drive forward a little before you remove the plow.