1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with truck lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajslands, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I was just thinking about snowplowing and started to remember that my plow lights aren't as far as my normal lights, so I was wondring if anyone used their truck lights when plowing and plow lights when driving. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

2. ajslands

Crap I spelled the title wrong! Should be plowing!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You mean your suppose to plow with your lights on? I guess I'll have to try it this year.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway offers what they call 4-sight. It turns the truck lights on when the plow is lowered then turns them off when you raise the plow. They are designed for the Snoway EIS system but I have done the same thing with other plows.

5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

When it is snowing hard and I'm driving down the road I will sometime switch over to my truck lights so I can see better it really makes a differences but you might have to drop the plow a bit but I have never plowed with the truck lights I will have to try it this winter.

6. ajslands

Grandview you have to learn how drive before you can plow. But since it's my 18th b day next Sunday, can you get me a v plow?! Oh and it has to be boss! And I need the controler too!

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

My dad never uses the plow lights... Honestly, All he uses is the truck lights... He's got those dinosaur plow lights tho that dont work very well... Im pretty happy with the Boss plow lights...

8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I always wire my plowlights separate so I can run all 4 if I want to. :mechanic:

9. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

Have you tried adjusting the plow lites. I know on our Westerns it's very easy to do and they work a lot better.

10. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

plow lights

It's been my experience that when I set up a truck, a 2.5 to 4 inch lift has been enuf of a height increase that I can use my truck lights all the time. The last couple of trucks I've done this and take the lights right off the mount, one less thing to fix. Also the lift in the truck is invaluable for better plowing traction because of clearance. Only thing to watch is the pitch of the blade because of the blade mount. You may have to adjust the pin height.

11. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

yep i did that too.

12. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with you. i do not use any headlight when plowing. only running lights.

13. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I usually only run plow lights on road when blade blocks the truck lights, generally run trucklites while plowing.