1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with the Tundra

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VolvoL60F, Feb 14, 2015.

1. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

I've picked up a few accounts so far, and I'm impressed with the Tundra, it plows very well! Wish I had a bigger plow though! Other than that the MD80 is a good plow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This photo above is an account I have to shovel out too. Older lady with arthritis. I don't have a snow blower, so it's such a big pain to shovel her out every time

2. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures are broken.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No there not....It's a white out..hehehe

5. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Darn it, they showed up when I previewed the post. I'll have to fix it when I get home

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Must be a long drive home.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hope you can get them on soon.

8. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry guys! I've just been so busy lately, hard to keep up! Here are the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your right white truck in a whiteout!

11. mercer_me

The truck and plow look great. When you say you wish you had a bigger plow, do you mean wider or just taller. It will be a lot better once you get your rubber flap on.

12. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks man. I mostly mean a lot taller, but a 9' wide blade would be nice too. I do have another plastic deflector that they gave me, but I know it will snap off on the first stack so I won't even bother with it. I love the Tundra, but my next truck will be a Ford diesel so I can put Fisher's massive XV2 on it, but that won't be for a long time anyway lol, so this setup will have to do.

13. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

Looking good!

I'm interested in what you come up with for a deflector. I tore mine off last week after the blade tripped into a snowbank. I gave it some more zip ties for now. No way am I going to spend $100+ on the same deflector and watch it snap in no time. Any chance you want to sell your new one for cheap?

14. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks!

Zip ties didn't last long on mine, snapped them off too on the first trip. I have the MD80 so my deflector is 8' wide. You could always cut it to length, and drill new holes to fit yours. I'd let mine go for $50

15. mercer_me

Get a peice of conveyer belt and some flat bar and make a rubber deflector. I know you would be happy with it and the make a HUGE difference.

16. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

thats what I did I love it

17. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Where exactly do I find a piece of conveyor belt? lol

18. mercer_me

Stop by your local gravel pits and I'm sure at least one will have some old conveyor belt kicking around. They use conveyor belts on screens and stackers. Tell them you want an 8' piece and it would probably cost you $20 or so.