1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with skid steers???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCASULLO, Sep 10, 2003.

1. JCASULLO

JCASULLO Junior Member

I'm looking to buy a skis steer for plowing. don,t know with size to buy? wondering if a 42hp is ok or should i get up into the 50-56, to do the job right. Looking to put a blizzard 810ss on it so i could move down city streets with it. Any luck with this set-up. any pros and cons on different machines?

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome JCASULLO :waving:

Try searching about skid steers and blizzards, seems to be a really popular subject on here lately:eek:

As far as size goes I'm a big fan of bigger is better, so if you can I would go with the largest skid you can afford that has a two speed option.

3. Dynamike

Dynamike Junior Member

JD hit the nail on the head. At least 50 h.p, two speed is a must, and even more important is a cab and heat. I have a Cat 246 like this with a blizzard and it works great

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

5. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Here is what we use...

64718786knmrkv_ph.jpg

6. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

I use a CAT 262 74 hp with a 12' Protech Sno Pusher. I love it!
    Make sure when you get a machine to get something you won't mind being in for long nights!!! The more comfy you are the more you'll want to use it and make money. payup