1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Rubber Tracks...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scsplows, Mar 27, 2013.

1. scsplows

scsplows Junior Member

Looking to purchase a new/newer loader for my company. I currently have a Bobcat 773 shoving a 8' pusher. Works great. We are looking to move forward with gaining plow contracts, as well as larger jobs in the summer. Can anyone give me some input as to if a machine like a T300 or a SVL90-2 will shove in slick conditions? Thanks

2. mach6353

mach6353 Junior Member
    from iowa

Terex/Cat style track machines out perform any other track machine I have been around.Bobcat and similar style track machines will perform well in snow and ice as long as you get the wright style track lugs.

3. scsplows

scsplows Junior Member

Which style track is better? I know the factory track cleats are more of a "all purpose" pattern...

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Search button.

5. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

The only track machines OEM that will perform in the snow are Cat/Terex all others require an alternate track pattern