1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Quadrasteer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hamptonplow, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

Anyone have any experience plowing with Quadrasteer? Getting ready to trade my 97 Silverado and am looking at the 2500 CC with Quadrasteer. I like the ride of this vehicle and look forward to towing with it. If I continue to plow with the QS (Driveways), I'll have to give up a locker for a limited slip.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would by a 2500 hd or whatever and save the money on the the that option its a bad option its controlled by a electic motor and its not practical use the money on a plow sander lights you will be happy in the long run :)
  3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Go for the quadrasteer. It will help with the plowing and is a very well designed system with failsafe mode built in if a problem were to happen.
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

The DAY they offer QS on a K-3500 SRW 1-Ton, is the DAY that I'll be at the dealer ordering one! It has to be tough enough to be offered with the Big Block or Diesel though.

Oh, I'm sorry was I DREAMING again! :p

This will probably NEVER happen. As its something that a LOT of people WANT, and GM seems to ignore building things the people actually WANT! :mad:
  5. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

Generally I agree with you TLS. But Bob Lutz is back at GM. Maybe, just maybe he can help pulling their heads out of the sand and give us something we want...and not slap every piece of plastic moulding on it !!!
  6. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

There is no way GM will allow a plow on a Quadrasteer vehicle since it will drastically affect the handling of the vehicle while transporting a plow since it will become nose heavy with less traction on the rear.
  7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Huh :confused:

Same loss of traction on a straight axle.

Actually youd have MORE weight (unsprung) on the rear of a Quadrasteer truck.
  8. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

There are several QS's around here set up with plows. The QS components are pretty beefy. I'm more concerned with premature failure of the electric motor from possible overuse.

I agree, it would be more attractive if you could get it with the 8.1 or Duramax. However, I currently have a 1/2 ton with a 5.7, so for me, moving up to a 3/4 ton with the 6.0 is still a nice jump.
  9. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Quadrasteer use a Dana 60 axle. Heavy duty setup.