1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with mix

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bounty21061, Nov 19, 2005.

1. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

i was wondering does anyone plow or just salt when you have rain & snow mix that turns into slush and if so when would you plow it

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

If it was going to freeze, I would push the slop off the blacktop and then salt.

3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ya that is what happened here a couple days ago. First snow of the season just turned to slush and at school they didn't plow any of the lots and now there nice and a sheet of ice. Not salt/sand or nothing.

4. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

the reason i was asking is we are suppose to get the mix here on turkey day and 1 of my account only want salt when they say so i guess if it gets bad with the slush i can still charge them for a plowing event true. thats if i have to plow so it won't turn into a sheet of ice