1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Mitsubishi FG 4x4????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Dec 14, 2002.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

These FG's look like nice rigs, we were thinking of getting one with a Blizzard plow and 10' dump. Has anyone here has plowed or know with facts how these trucks are? We really wanted some input with people have used or know of those that have. Thank you.
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Just finished up a Volvo F6 with an 8611 and it's doing well with some ballast in the rear while he finishes up his salter unit. We have had a couple of landscapers interested in doing there MITSU's. Nice turning radius and great visibility. No takers on a BLIZZARD yet but there is one running around with a 10' MEYERS on it here in Erie.

Took picts of the VOLVO and they were too big for the attachment. Will try to attach the email size picts for view tommorow. Jerre
  3. a palustris

a palustris Member

I have driven Mitsubishi's around town before during the summer months. They are fun to drive, as far as I am concerned. The visibility is really good in the cab, and the turning radius is unbeatable. The only thing about the Mitsubishi's is that the cabs are really weak. So that means if you hit anything head on... the damage will be pretty bad. I know a bunch of people who plow with their trucks and they are VERY happy with them. They all have the 6 cylinders though. However I have seen a bunch of the Fuso's that have been in accidents before and they get messed up BAD.
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

Have Definatly thought about it

they do look like really nice truck. i talked to a rep at a MDLA show and they have a great payload capacity and are fairly inexpencive
  5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

It can be done.

I am a Blizzard Dealer and plow installer, we have installed a Blizzard 8611 on GMC W4500 Cab over w/ a 12' landscapers dump. Installation went smooth and the customer is tickled pink.

We had to use a Boss headlight adapter to make the plow lights work. Blizzard didn't have one.

Spoke to the customer today he says, " Puts my Kenwork T600 w/ a 10' belly plow, and a 12' wing plow truck to shame!"

We have done alot of off the wall Blizzard plow installs. All with great success.

Will have pics soon to show.

Hope this helps.:cool:
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I meant Kenworth T600 not Kenwork T600.

We all make mistakes.
  7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

landscaper 3

I have a Mitsi FE HD, locking rear,10' platform dump, 8' Meyer, 1 1/2 yd Downeaster electric. I had problems last year with tires and the position that the dealer installed the sander. This year its very good.Have not run chains yet. The security of 4 wheel drive is a good feeling thoue. I talked with a guy last week that had a 4x4 with a 9' Fisher and said its great.

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

GMC C4500 install

I just finished a GMC C4500 2WD install of a Blizzard 8611 this afternoon. Went great. And WOW does the blade lift high.

Will have pics soon.
    :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
  9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Sorry, it was a 2003 GMC C4500 for all who did not know.
  10. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Are you sure you don't mean W4500? a C4500 is a topkick, not a cabover. Just curious
  11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I have installed an 8611 on Both, a W4500 cabover, and a C4500 TopKick.

Sorry if i confused you.
  12. landscaper3

Well we demod the FE Mitsubishi 4x4 and WOW! is it weird!!! You can turn the thing on a dime even with a 10' dump and L-Pack boxes behind cab. The Fisher 9' V-Blade worked nice with the cab over to. GVW is around 14,000 this one is a 2002 new with diesel, automatic and plow and dump listed above all for $29,995
    Im a Ford man but to get a F450 equiped will run over $40,000k
    Im really thinking hard but still havent heard from anyone owning or operating this model? Im going to do more research but looks to be a good deal with all the hardware it has.
  13. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I rode in a Mitsu 4x4 today. At one point I had looked into one, after seeing how gutless it is I'm glad I passed up on it. This was diesel and (I think) 5 speed. In this hilly part of the world it sure seems underpowered. Additionally, the frame is narrower than the US standard, as is the track width. I lke the concept as far as turning circle and such, but other than that I'm not impressed.
  14. a palustris

a palustris Member

Brian, the one you checked out, did it have the 6 or 4 cylinder? 4 is almost worthless... 6 is good for doing work. That is a heck of a price. Over here they are going for the mid to upper 30's before tax, tags and plates.
  15. landscaper3

It had the 6cyl. automatic. Had good power! Wasnt a rocket, we run 3 Powerstrokes and its a different kind of powerband.
  16. wyldman

wyldman Member

Around here not many are used for landscaping,but lots are used for small tow trucks\flatbeds.Most of the drivers always comment that the 4 cyl is gutless and lots of trouble,but that they love the 6 cyl.They also comment on the turning radius compared to a small freightliner,or F450\550
  17. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Cab over plowing

Here's some picts of the F6 Volvo we did, Sorry it took so long to get them on they had to be resized. Jerre

P.s. Operator is standing over my shoulder now and is comment on the set up is...........Turning radius is awesome and visibility is too. Pick a plow and move some snow. Rick Dibacco- Great Lakes Landscape