1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Lift Kit/Larger Tires (???)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdg911.com, Nov 11, 2003.

1. mdg911.com

mdg911.com Junior Member

Here is the truck that I would like to equip and plow with this year:
    This truck was bought for $1500 (couldn't pass that up!:D ) and has a 6" lift and larger tires (35 I think).
    I am searching for a blade to possibly put on this truck and want to know about the effects of the lift/tires. And more importantly what to do to offset this situation.

Post / PM / Email is fine.

Max sales@mdg911.com
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I have a lift and plow with mine. I have no probs. I have 85 k-10 6 ft. bed as well.
  3. yako

yako Member

youl will have to fab an extension on your mount to bring it down. there will be a lot of leverage in your disfavor. keep that in mind when youre welding. also the bigger/wider tires will not be as much grip as tall narrow ones. youll stay on top of the snow with a larger footprint, instead of digging down.
  4. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

i would downsize your tires a bit in the winter months. save the 35's for the summer and you want to make sure to refab your mount so that it will sit at the regular manufactures specs. if it doesn't sit at the proper height you'll end up having big problems.
  5. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Nice truck.... wanna sell it ? then ill worrry about the plow mount :eek: :D
  6. flatbed

flatbed Member

smokin deal on the truck.............maybe 16in rims and thin tires......you might want to mount the plow with the tire combo you intend to plow with just to keep things even and strait.......
  7. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

Listen to what has already been said....keep the fancy tires/wheels for summer & get yourself another set of SNOW tires/wheels for plowing. There isn't too much more embarrising than a 4X4 w/ big tires/wheels that's stuck in the snow :eek:

Some standard steel wheels ( maybe 16") w/ a 33" tall tire, BUT only about 8-9inches wide.

Go to this web site & read it over carefully, there are a lot of helpful hints there. There's more to plowing snow than just putting a plow on a 4X4. :eek:

Good luck & welcome :)
  8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I never had a problem with the bronco on 35's in the snow