1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Jeep Cherokee

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by DavidLindley, Oct 20, 2009.

1. DavidLindley

DavidLindley Junior Member
    from NY

My dad plows parking lots with his Ford F-350 and I was looking to help him plow this winter. I have a '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Would it be possible to help him plow?

A few factors that may sway decisions:
    I live in the northeast = wet, heavy snow
    Jeep is a bit old but there are only 90,000 miles or so on it so I don' t think that's a problem.

Anything too heavy duty my dad could take care of but do you think it'd even be possible on my Jeep to help him without destroying it.

If so, brand and length of plows?

Thanks in advance

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've seen a million jeeps plowing snow. Great driveway rigs. All of the manufacturers make plows that would fit your vehicle. Check for the smaller 6' 8", or some 7's.

3. DavidLindley

from NY

My only concern is that I've heard people talk about the cherokee being a unibody and that it can't handle the stress of plowing.

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yea but like he said it has 90thou on her how long do you want to keep her around,

if you plow right you could do it, no bank ramming type of thing imo

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I've been using a 90 cherokee for the last 8 yrs, she'll be plowing this year also.
    Far from pretty with a heavily tweaked body from a dozen diff drivers, she is still priceless while working away at 3 am.
    Owes me nothing.

6. DavidLindley

from NY

Yea I mean I really don't have to do anything like that since my dad can take care of it for the most part. If i can just move everything around in the middle that'll be a huge help I'm sure. Thanks for the help everyone

7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member