1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with J10??

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by PHS79, Dec 4, 2005.

1. PHS79

PHS79 Member

I may have found a really cheap 81-82 J10 with a 304 (I think??) and auto. I can get it for $300. It has not run in quite a few years, but was running when parked, it has a 3" suspension lift and 33's right now. I am thinking about buying it, getting it running and then putting a 7.5' plow on it. I know where there is a Meyers plow with plow frame sitting on a J10 that has a blown motor that I can also get pretty cheap. What do you guys think??
  2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

If you have mechanical ability go for it, for that price even if it doesn't run you can get it to run. Just make sure the motor isn't seized, has some compression ect.
  3. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

go for it. i love Full size jeeps. i just retired an 81 J20 and used what i could to rebuild a 88 jeep grand wagoneer to put the fisher plow from the j20 onto it. [​IMG]
  4. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Gotta love those

If you can pull it off. Do it. Love those old Jeep trucks.
  5. Indyjeepnut

Indyjeepnut Junior Member

Old Jeeps

I use Chevy's for plowing but I love my Jeeps. I have several 360 motors and tranny'sfor that truck if you run into any problems. I am in Indianaplois, IN

MRTAZWRENCH Junior Member

i have a bunch of full size jeep parts also, using an 88 wag to plow with right now.