1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLowing with Gator

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by naturalimage, Oct 24, 2007.

1. naturalimage

naturalimage Junior Member

Anyone try to rlow sidewalks with Turf gator ?

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Not me, but my son (above picture) would love to put a blade on his. Only one problem for it is a little under powered and cold. Not to mention it's made by Peg-Perego, you know the slightly cheeper 12V version.

Now to be serious my close friend uses a Kubota inclosed unit. He loves it for those small areas and sidewalks, it also has a small EX-Mark salter on the back. Makes short work for those long sidewalks. The only drawback is trailering it from site to site during the storm. Perfect for the side by side by side units.

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

we ran 8 JD gators last season for various walks. we had more ice than snow, so we actually broke a few blades off there mount. A few new bolts fixed that.

Most were 4 wheel 4x4 units. Its nice to have a cab on them, and the plow had a power up/down, angle was manual. We had 2 or 3 six wheelers. The extra set of wheels added some weight to the back, but can be too big for some areas. Adding a few bags of salt to the bed definately helps with pushing the wet snow.