1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with Duramax 2500 crew cab short box

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vinny69, Sep 12, 2009.

1. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

just wondering if you do and how big and heavy of a plow you use.had any front end problems ?

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I have a 09 LTZ crew short duamax just for me. Not to plow with....Dodge or Ford for work.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've ran 8'6" MVP's on my Duramaxes for years...........................3 of them CCSB's. Wouldn't have it any other way ;)

200k mile trucks too. No issues, especially ones you wouldn't have with anything else.
  4. hdelectraglide

hdelectraglide Member

i have an 05 crew cab duramax with a 8' western this will be the sixth season thankfully no problems!But i would either adjust the torshen bar or add timbrens to keep the front end up. good luck!!!!!!!
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a popular plow truck around here. I see them with Boss, Fisher XVs, you name it.
  6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

9.2vxt here, havnt plowed with it yet but the trucked pushed a hell of a lot of snow with my 8' western and wings
  7. royalcats5

royalcats5 Junior Member

I have an 03 crew cab short box with 8'6" mvp. No problems here. Invest in a leveling kit and your good to go.
  8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I put one of my straight blades on my Duramax. Has timbrens, leveling kit, 1500 lbs. in the back end, and 285 BFG AT, pushes anything I want it to!ussmileyflag