1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with dully?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by the new boss 92, Dec 7, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

how many people out there plow with some thing like this? im looking into getting something like this next year but im unsure of the duels getting in the way or inerfering.

here is the link to the dully im looking at. it wouldn't be extended car nor crew cab, just like whats in the link. and it would have a western 9'5 mvp on the frount.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

that would make a great plow truck.. I've used an extended cab dually with a flatbed and a 9' xblade.. not exactly perfect for driveways haha.. but it did push tons of snow. just depends on what you're doing, mostly driveways or lots. the truck you have in your picture is perfect for driveways!!
  3. the new boss 92

i would be doing commercial, with the exception of 1 condo assosiation and the rest would be lots anywere fron a football field to plazas. i do tow in the summer and it would be nice to leave the plow 2 to 3 days after the storm instead of taking it off like my half ton. does anyone have a similar setup with a v blade they could post pics?
  4. edslandscape

edslandscape Junior Member

What would be best in a huge commercial lot. Articulated loader w/pushbox or blade. What size pushbox.
  5. parnellyj

parnellyj Junior Member
    from MT

Watch the rear fenders!
  6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Nope you cant get that.....because I want it lol that would be a beast of a plow truck! its just as long as a regular plow truck you would see and its great for towing! not to mention it would handle a fully loaded v-box in the back perfectly for the lots
  7. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

dont buy it 6.0 diesel is the worst diesel ford has man
  8. the new boss 92

i have experience with the 6.0's my dad owned one, and it was awsome great power, not to louad. the people that have the most problems have them tuned out or have alot of high perfomance stuff done to them. you also have to do mantnence every 3000 miles and keep up with them. i dont mind the 6.0s. the motor isnt my consern, the fenders in the back are! i dont have the money for a loader with push box nor do i have the truck and trailer to transport it!
  9. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

well your lucky as i have personally had two friends of mine own 6.0's no performance anything, stock trucks, and they kept blowing through turbos...my mechanic at the dealer said stay the he## away from the 6.0 as did my other two mechanic buddy's that work in ford dealerships...just trying to save you $ brother..i am a ford guy and would try to find a 7.3 or newer one if your gonna spend 30k on a truck you can find somethin other than the 6.0
  10. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Buy it, pull the 6.0L, place on pallet, wrap in plastic, list on ebay, sell for anywhere between $4-6K.

Find repairable cummins powered dodge or a pulled cummins motor. Place truck and parts in driveway or shop, swap in cummins using parts from destroked.com.

Result: Most awesome newish production plow truck every concocted. All the benefits of Ford without the shortcomings of a Navistar 6.0L motor.

EDIT: Also, being an '06 you would only be able to swap in an 06 or newer Cummins engine. Good news, 06 or older would be the ideal motor as far as reliability and ease of swap is concerned. There is no EGR or complicated emissions on the 06 motors.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  11. the new boss 92

no i compleatly under stand you guys are just trying to help and i thank you for that. the truck in the picture is that truck style im looking at, single cab long bed dully. i want a newer truck emissions exsempt, hence the diesiel. i will settle for a 7.3 or 6.4 any day because i will not be doing anything to it, it will be going in for other stuff other then fluid changes and regular maintnce! again i thank you guys for watch out for the other plowsite members.
  12. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I heard from a guy that has been plowing for years that duallys suck for plowing, once the duals hit snow, they just spin. I would imagine that if you have enough weight in the back and a wide enough plow this wouldn't be a problem though. Best of luck in your search!
  13. the new boss 92

i think 9'5mvp will clear the rear duals if not i will have to get wings!
  14. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

This will push a ton of snow. Like someone said above just make sure the plow is wide enough to cover the wheel base. Might need wings. A bonus with this is if you needed to get a sander/salter someday it should handle it fine and take care of the ballast issue
  15. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a nice looking truck, I think MOST of the problems are from the earlier models 03-04. That would look good with a 9 foot X Blade and about $4,000 less. I wouldn't hesitate to leave a plow on that for a day or 2 after the storm even on the half ton depending on what type of driving.