1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with Big Chief

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Chief, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

A view from the cab after a small storm went through. This subdivision is very rural (Colorado) and has 12 miles of road. Some of which is very challenging do to steepness, wind (some areas have no trees or such) and snowfall amounts.

plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  2. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

I was trying to show the grade.

2 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  3. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Top of The World

This is a good view of the tires I run to keep me from having to chain up!

3 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  4. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

2nd Pass

This is after my 1st pass. I would have liked to come the other way and use my wing but I had to knock down some huge drifts first further down the road.

6 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  5. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Drift Area

This is one of the drift areas up high. The drifts here literaly get up to 6ft. high. This could be plowed daily!

9 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  6. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

SMALL storm, what did it dump two feet !! Thats an impressive looken truck, really looks like it could do you right. I for one appreciate you taking time to post those photos. I own a 1993 F800 4X4 (dumptruck) and am considering a large plow like that on it, and a 8 yrd sander on back for extra ballast..:cool: Good Luck

7. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

One Pass

Another pic of the drift area. This is after one pass. See why I call it The Top of The World. We are looking down on Middle Park. The Gore range is Shrouded in the distance. North Central Colorado.

8 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

WOW :dizzy: Those some awesome pics
  9. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

High Lonesome!

One last pic of another drift area!

4 plowing 12-4-05.JPG
  10. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

2 Plows in 3 days

Thank You, That was the second time this week I plowed those roads. I will try to take pictures whenever I can cause it gets exciting. Grant.
  11. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Grant, great photos

Looking good.I bet the ole girl is happy she is out working.
  12. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Lots Left

Only 22,000 Miles and just over 2200 hrs. since new. Everything works as new. One Helluva Truck. Everyone should experiance the snow removal power of an Oshkosh at least once in His or Her life.
  13. TEX

TEX Senior Member

Great Pics Keep Them Coming
  14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

A question, on the picture of the whole truck, i noticed how far down the rubber snow foil type of thing hangs down and i see that on alot of plows, What is the purpose of it hanging down down so low? Thanks,

15. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

man that is one hell of a piece of machinery!!!:drinkup:
  16. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

who take the pics

I want to know who you suckered into taking some of those pics. Man ,I got cold just looking at those pics!:confused:
  17. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

wow thats all i can say wow wish i was their :drinkup:
  18. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Great pictures! Thanks.
  19. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Hey MCWLANDSCAPING, They put those skirts on the plow to keep snow from blowing over the top during highway clearing. I bought the plow at a Nebraska State highway auction. Didn't bother to take it off. I also have 2 other plows for my 1971 P2427 that came with it when I purchased the truck. A 13ft. one way And a massive V plow that is like new. Unfortunatly a 2 way is what I need to speed things up so I purchased this one at auction for 350.00 and refurbished it myself. So far it has been excellant. I put about 30 hrs. of work into it before using it though. Thanks, Grant.
  20. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Who took it?